Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)

Article about: i suspect this volunteer collar tab to be fake, id greatly appreciate it if any of you could shed some light on my sticky situation. thank you all very much.

Default I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)

i suspect this volunteer collar tab to be fake, id greatly appreciate it if any of you could shed some light on my sticky situation. thank you all very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)   I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)
    P
    Many

?

Firstly, Let me welcome you to the Forum.. Second if you plan to buy any items please be sure to post them here first for authentication help.
    This is not my area of expertise.. But others will be along soon.. Best of luck... Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Your suspicions are correct - this is a reproduction as sold by Delta Enterprises in the 1970's ..

Another reproduction compared to an original ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)  
    Attached Images Attached Images I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =) 

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Firstly, Let me welcome you to the Forum.. Second if you plan to buy any items please be sure to post them here first for authentication help.
    This is not my area of expertise.. But others will be along soon.. Best of luck... Gwar
    Thank you for the warm welcome! =)

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    Another reproduction compared to an original ;
    much tighter lines! well put together =) thank you so much for your help Winkelman!

Also note how close the stitching on the reverse of a Delta tab is to the edge . Again , picture of original underneath ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)  
    Attached Images Attached Images I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =) 

Also note how close the stitching on the reverse of a Delta tab is to the edge . Again , picture of original underneath ;
    Ohhhh so just beacuse it has stitching on the back doesnt mean its fake. If the stitching is right up against the edge, as shown makes it a delta fake correct???

And last but not least , note the typical background material of which these fakes were made .
    In answer to your question : the " guidelines " on the reverse are quite common for original wartime tabs .
    These insignia were produced in groups on large sheets of cloth - the white lines were an aid in centering the machine-embroidery and / or cutting afterwards ..

And last but not least , note the typical background material of which these fakes were made .
    ( in answer to your question : these " guidelines " on the reverse are quite common for original wartime tabs . )
    Awesome, thank you very much for all your help! i am very thankful to have came across this forum! thanks again Winkelman!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast