Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I am wondering if Waffen SS soldier is wearing camo uniform with face paint

Article about: Hello all! I have this pic that was taken in Russia and is fairly faded in it natural appearance. When I scanned it and gave it some contrast I was surprised to see this Waffen SS soldier we

Default I am wondering if Waffen SS soldier is wearing camo uniform with face paint

Hello all! I have this pic that was taken in Russia and is fairly faded in it natural appearance. When I scanned it and gave it some contrast I was surprised to see this Waffen SS soldier wearing a camo uniform and camo face paint. At least that is how it looks to me. I'm new to this field. When I first saw it I told myself it was just a badly exposed photo. Then I realized that the background, ribbon, belt buckle and sleeve rand look fine. Or is he just plain dirty lol...What are you opinions guys? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am wondering if Waffen SS soldier is wearing camo uniform with face paint
    P
    Many

The medal is a Kreigsverdienst Cross with Swords, not the Iron Cross. The man i wearing a standard four pocket field gray tunic, not a camoflage one. I believe hwsat you are seeing is deterioration of the print as it is definitely not the cut of a camo tunic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Sorry about the goof on the medal. Thanks Bob!

I agree with Bob. Just a standard uniform tunic that has gotten dirty-along with the face of the owner. He may have been around some manner of burning and just got smoked up.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

At least he is wearing a half smile lol. Maybe he had some leave time coming up

scruffy bugger.

Lacking any combat decorations, this man is likely a an individual involved working behind the combat lines. The KVK II is also a common award to rear echelon soldiers. His appearance makes me think he just finished cleaning out the horse stables.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Lacking any combat decorations, this man is likely a an individual involved working behind the combat lines. The KVK II is also a common award to rear echelon soldiers. His appearance makes me think he just finished cleaning out the horse stables.
    lol...oh Bob! Maybe he just got lucky rolling in the horse stable hay with a plump Russian peasant woman. Hence the half smile on his face