Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I believe these are SS and fake?

Article about: I have been offered a pile of bits and pieces in an exchange, and some of it is well out of my area of collecting and some of it just has to be wrong. I believe these are supposed to be ss c

Default I believe these are SS and fake?

I have been offered a pile of bits and pieces in an exchange, and some of it is well out of my area of collecting and some of it just has to be wrong. I believe these are supposed to be ss collar patches and fake as well. Could someone please confirm this for me. Thanks for your help.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I believe these are SS and fake?   I believe these are SS and fake?  

I believe these are SS and fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I believe these are SS and fake?
    P
    Many

These collar tabs are for the rank of Reichsfuhrer... As a note of interest, there were FIVE men that held the rank or title of Reichsfuhrer-SS, in chronological order:
    (1) Julius Schreck, April 1925 to April 1926

(2) Josef Berchtold, April 1926 to March 1927

(3) Erhard Heiden, March 1927 to 20 January 1929

(4) Heinrich Himmler, 20 January 1929 to 30 April 1945

(5) Karl Henke, 30 April 1945 to his murder 7 May 1945 at the hands of Czech partisans near Neudorf in the Sudetenland.

The details shown on these pics are bad... I think that your example is a fake one but i took a deep dive here on this thread and i will like to hear what other members have to say! Just wait for the SS sharks here to tell you for sure!
    I checked some verified examples online and the details plus the quality of the material doesn't fit!
    Please tell me if i'm wrong with the info provided here!

These are totally bogus tabs. The details and workmanship do not come close to that found on genuine period examples
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What Bob Coleman said.

As a bit of trivia:

While Himmler had three predecessors as Reichsführer-SS and one successor (Hanke, not "Henke", actually), he surely was the only one to wear the collar patches for this rank.

They had not been in existance before his appointment (and for the first 5 years of his tenure as RFSS) and we can safely assume that it was not possible to supply Hanke with a set during his last few days.

In the Delich treasures we have the actual, real and authentic Heini H. badges.

What looks like dried excrement is a particularly telling touch, don't you think?

Dried excrement adheres to much of what we endure in these spaces.

- - ------- - -

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    What Bob Coleman said.

As a bit of trivia:

While Himmler had three predecessors as Reichsführer SS and one successor (Hanke, not "Henke", actually), he surely was the only one to wear the collar patches for this rank.

They had not been in existance before his appointment (and for the first 5 years of his tenure as RFSS) and we can safely assume that it was not possible to supply Hanke with a set.
    Andreas is always right.

I believe these are SS and fake?I believe these are SS and fake?I believe these are SS and fake?I believe these are SS and fake?I believe these are SS and fake?I believe these are SS and fake?I believe these are SS and fake?Authentic SS embroidery...notice no faux dried excrement.

?

A thread on WAF says a set of Himmler tabs sold for $40,000 a few years ago.

Only on this site is such an obvious fake explained with a patient guidance, a history lesson, illustrated examples of rare & authentic materials, market research, good humour and cammaraderie. Thanks to all.