Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

identification

Article about: I am wondering if someone knows who is this dead man on the photo ? Annoyed from this ads?   Thank you .

?

Default identification

Hello ,
    I would need an identification , please . Someone may be , would knows who this dead man is on the photo ?
    Thank you .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture identification  
    Last edited by notton; 08-29-2014 at 10:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement identification
    P
    Many

You might put this on the Axis history forum. The uniform is of the pre fall of 1934 type, with the white piping on the collar patch, plus the cut of the tunics is also of the 1932-1934 style, kind of.
    The Sta. 68 was or was not raised on 16. XI. 1933 and was or was not HQd until June of '35 in Amberg and thence in Regensburg. (Source: Die Fuss Standarten der. Allgem. SS, Sta. 61-127) Dt. Wehrkunde Archiv, 2005, p. 29.

Our Andreas is a genius in so many things, and the ins and outs of local NSDAP and or SS personalities in this part of Bavaria are his forte among many pillars of knowledge and historical truths.

Regensburg is a wonderful place.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Regensburg is a wonderful place.
    It certainly is. Back in the late nineties, I spent quite a lot of time there for personal reasons. These days, however, I usually don't advance beyond its railway station when changing trains on business trips... But I digress:

As for ID'ing the dead man, sorry; I am drawing a blank here.

In terms of uniforms/timeframe, I cannot add anything to Friedrich-Berthold's observations. As for the unit in question, some more data may be found here:

68.SS-Standarte - Einheiten der Allgemeinen SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

Thank you. The locales of the various parts of the Standarte and the wild guesses as concerns the uniform should enable someone to figure this all out.

if these 2 gentlemen don't know,there is no hope for the rest of us.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    if these 2 gentlemen don't know,there is no hope for the rest of us.
    As I noted above, put the image on the Axis History Forum. They seems to have some very clever people there, though some of the photo follies also leave me quite cold, i.e. some things are downright
    improbable.

Thanks to Andreas for all his fine work for us.

?

Thank You, Gentlemen for your responses I really appreciate your involve in this thread . Thank You again.
    The dead man should be a high ranking political or ss .On the next photos of the album, Hitler assist to the mourning , may be there is a clue ...
    Thank You, for the connection with Axis history forum . It 's a very good idea .
    Regards, notton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture identification  

I think there are ample hints in this second image, which someone can well decipher. Look at all those hats....!!

One other thing you can do is look in Domarus' Hitlers Reden, which is also, more or less, a compendium of where he went and said in much of the twelve and more years.

I think this event is in late 1934 or early 1935, so one looks there.

Here are other chronologies of events in the III. Reich, to include, for instance,

Gerd Ruehle, Das III. Reich 1934, (Berlin, n.d.) pp. 400ff. which has a chronology of the year. There are surely other works, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast