Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop

Article about: Please let me know what you all think of these collar tabs. I have a chance to buy them, they look good, but the fakes are really good these days. thanks

Default Re: Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop

More interesting is this, one of the firms that might have made them. Eibenstock in Saxony is a small town. Maybe there is an unopened bunker there filled with the things waiting for the right moment. Notice the phrase "presiguenstig."

If one of you translates this, we shall give you a marzipan Totenschaedel or a Gummibaer in an SS Panzer Feldjacke.
    Attached Images Attached Images Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop
    P
    Many

I posted this elsewhere, but plainly these insignia were problematic even for the Nazis themselves as you can read here....

Please read these bottom to top, I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop   Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop  

Since the Totenschaedel as an insignia on the cuff title of SSTV 1 "Oberbayern" is such a source of lust and envy in our little circle, here is something you have not seen as pertains to same.

Read and make notes..... this is from late summer or early fall of 1938.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop  

Here an order to the effect that those in the color guard at the Reichsparteitage so equipped with the regalia of same, i.e. bandolier and Ringkragen are entitled to the special issue of a tunic for said duty, granted that the color guard wore out its uniform more quickly than those on regular duty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop  

So, there is a chance these are good, and if so, what would the value of them be at ??

As i see a tab in the pic, that looks identical to the set in question.

Thanks
    Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    So, there is a chance these are good, and if so, what would the value of them be at ??

As i see a tab in the pic, that looks identical to the set in question.

Thanks
    Brian
    Dear Brian, let me be clear with you. If you want to collect precisely this insignia, then avoid generalizations based solely on these electric pictures. The electric pictures are misleading. What you deem to be similar, or the same, is not. You can only generalize about this material from close personal study of authentic examples, of which we have enclosed a lot for you. The Hritz material is markedly different from the items you posted, which are surely fakes. But these images are not enough in and of themselves.

Authentic SS TV material in alu hand embroidery is rare and very costly. Consult the set of insignia on the collectors' guild site to get an idea of an expensive

Here is an example of an authentic SSTV "Oberbayern" cuff title in the 1st version. ca 1936-1938.

OK, thank you for the information.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    OK, thank you for the information.

Brian
    I am sorry to shatter your hopes, but the truth can be the only guide especially when it comes to these things. I have collected for almost 45 years and only came into possession of some authentic SSTV insignia a few years ago almost by accident. The material is concentrated in a few hands, and is seldom for sale except in a small circle. I am not part of this circle other than to know it exists and some of those in it post their items on this and other sites. A lot of this material was found at Dachau, in the clothing warehouses of the SS quarter master organization.

You would think the quantities produced, that there would be plenty available for sale, so i would think.

Unless at the end of the war, a lot of the stuff was destroyed.

Brian

I see now, but you would still think with the numbers in the 9,000 mark, there would still be much more around, and available for sale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast