Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Info requested about himmler signed foto

Article about: Can anybody tell me if they have ever seen this foto before? I believe it is a funeral procession. Any ideas? I have attached a Himmler signature I found elsewhere on this site for compariso

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Info requested about himmler signed foto

Can anybody tell me if they have ever seen this foto before? I believe it is a funeral procession. Any ideas? I have attached a Himmler signature I found elsewhere on this site for comparison - posted by Dan P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info requested about himmler signed foto  
    Attached Images Attached Images Info requested about himmler signed foto 
    Last edited by Wuerstenfuchs; 10-29-2008 at 07:38 AM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Info requested about himmler signed foto

I do not want to be a pill, but I do not think the signature is authentic, nor do I think these are SS troops at all. I actually think they are Reichswehr, but the scene may be a funeral procession, indeed. They are not Verfuegungstruppe, since a funeral in the years 1935-1939 would have not been executed in this order of dress.

I may be wrong, but maybe someone will post some real Himmler signatures. Bob Hritz posted some either here or on one of his other sites where he is active.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I like Phil's opinion better. What if the funeral was AFTER 1939?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    I like Phil's opinion better. What if the funeral was AFTER 1939?
    Suit yourself. The helmets here appear to be the M1916, and the tunics, if you look closely, are in the Rw cut, especially the stiff collar as well as the particular length of the skirt of the tunic on the officer; and, the kicker---there do not appear to be any Hoheitszeichen on the sleeve that I can discern. In general, the collar on SSVT uniform was deliberately constructed to also be worn in the open fashion of the SS.

However, each person here is free to believe as they wish and moreover to ignore the conclusions I have offered you.

In conclusion, I am fairly confident that the signature is bogus.
    There are a lot of fake Himmler signatures is this world.

look the first men helmet ! look like m-18 cavalry helmet or helmet with ear cutout!
    i think its very early pic !

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for the imput. What I was REALLY wondering was whose funeral it was. So, has anybody seen this foto before? Any ideas whose funeral it was? Maybe it was a friend of Himmler's who was NOT in the SS.

i think is the pic of Himmler,he served as a cadet in the 11th Bavarian Infantry ,! for me is not a funeral pic but only the group of Himmler

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    i think is the pic of Himmler,he served as a cadet in the 11th Bavarian Infantry ,! for me is not a funeral pic but only the group of Himmler
    Very sound analysis. Such may indeed be true, and perhaps I was hasty in my assessment. I have not seen such an image, hence the cross to indicate himself. Perhaps. Thanks.