Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

An Interesting Himmler Portrait

Article about: Hi Folks, Here is a Himmler photo saved from an earlier thread; I believe it was posted by F-B. Two interesting features (at least to me)- Himmler wears a silk-top visor cap in its earliest

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I will look for those books. I also want to find one on Goebbels
    Peter Longerich, the author of the excellent Himmler biography, also wrote one on Goebbels. I haven't read the Goebbels biography yet, but have no doubt that it is worth reading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Interesting Himmler Portrait
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Peter Longerich, the author of the excellent Himmler biography, also wrote one on Goebbels. I haven't read the Goebbels biography yet, but have no doubt that it is good.
    Thanks! I will have to look for that one too. The local library has a good history section, but the Second World War section is a bit lacking.

There are many good biographies of Goebbels, and Longerich just did one on him, too. (oops, I wrote this without noting Andreas make the same point...)

The toy is pretty awful. On the other hand, I collect the real thing, and most people think I am awful for doing so, in which case it is on a sliding scale of awful.

I think there is some merit to the analysis and preservation of the real item versus the toy. But toys are an important part of culture and society.

The amount of authentic foetid woolens is very restricted and so forth....don't I know it?

I am told every hour how unfair it all is....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-11-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    There are many good biographies of Goebbels, and Longerich just did one on him, too.

The toy is pretty awful. On the other hand, I collect the real thing, and most people think I am awful for doing so, in which case it is on a sliding scale of awful.

I think there is some merit to the analysis and preservation of the real item versus the toy. But toys are an important part of culture and society.

The amount of authentic foetid woolens is very restricted and so forth....don't I know it?

I am told every hour how unfair it all is....
    Thank you. I will look for the Longerich books. Maybe he did/is doing one on Rommel too!
    I can't imagine how many people have recoiled at the sight of the large collections of some of the more established collectors/members here. For what it's worth, people have reacted with disgust at the sight of my miniscule collection. I can't imagine having many authentic uniforms and officers caps on display, especially when they represent the SS, and the reaction that must elicit. You are correct, the scale of awful does indeed seem to have definitive degrees.

You are very right about the analysis and preservation. Especially in the field of uniforms. The iron crosses and war merit crosses will last forever with even the most moderate attention. Not so your field. You do a service by conserving the items that moths would reduce to rubbish fairly quickly. I can't imagine a time when a child clutched their parents hand while jumping up and down demanding to get the Himmler doll! Obviously geared toward adult collectors, but Third Reich dolls seems such a weird niche to try to fill.

It is no surprise that you hear about how few woolens there are as you have a large and well balanced collection that many would be desirous of, judging by the images you have shared. I couldn't collect so many woolens as the army of mannequins to display them would take over my home!

I have no mannequins. Nor do I want any.

CBH
    ?

One thing about the doll is , it would be great for filming stop motion animation .
    Himmer and Mr.T's honeymoon video would be hilarious ! Get Ken in there too make it a threesome !
    This would be the best use of such a vile piece of of Sh*t as that , and it would upset nazi's , something I enjoy doing .

Quote by CBH View Post
    One thing about the doll is , it would be great for filming stop motion animation .
    Himmer and Mr.T's honeymoon video would be hilarious ! Get Ken in there too make it a threesome !
    This would be the best use of such a vile piece of of Sh*t as that , and it would upset nazi's , something I enjoy doing .
    I am surprised people still claim to be nazis in this day and age. I think the numbers dwindle significantly every inbred generation though. Most of them are brain dead and know nothing about real nazism or the people involved.

?

Since this is a topic about "An Interesting Himmler Portrait" . . . has anyone here ever seen another one of these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Interesting Himmler Portrait  

The Hoffmann firm made a big business of the photo images of the regime and its potentates.

This is one of these items.An Interesting Himmler Portrait

The same thing is happening in many countries now, in fact, and perhaps, in my own....after awhile.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5