Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Interesting photograph.

Article about: Very cool photo. I have a named SS helmet to a soldier who may be in this photo! His records show at one point he was in one of the Regimental bands for SS-Tk.

Further additions of interest,

musikzug ss regiment deutschland
    Interesting photograph.

More,
    Interesting photograph.Interesting photograph.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting photograph.
    P
    Many

I believe a member has a similar banner such as this example,
    Interesting photograph.

?

Truly awesome. I'd give my left pinky finger for one of those banners!

I think I've seen said members example

Edit: I deleted my statement regarding the questions about my family history in Lithuania.
    I may have misunderstood due to the language barrier.
    Last edited by Dean; 08-25-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Dean, relax mate, Im not questioning your family story. Without doubt there were plenty of groups working closely together with the Germans in all 3 Baltic countries (eg. The Arrajs Commando) just curious to why they developed into SS-formations in Estonia and Latvia and not in Lithuania.

Cheers, Mads

The detailing on the three examples of drums intrigue me. I've never seen any of these examples in a collection before, but I hold out hope they're out there.

?

Those drum details are stunning. I can't remember seeing these either. Thanks for sharings these images, broheim!

Mads, no worries, mate. All I can tell you is what I was told by grandma . She's still around , maybe I can ask her again and get some more info. She lives in PA. So it will be later. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, I've had a rough day.

?

I'm sure these drum decorations are out there somewhere. We need to have hope they are. Half of the ones that survived the war were thrown out in the rubbish bin, perhaps.
    I love these trumpet banners.. The closest ill get to owning something like this anytime soon, are the two DJ trumpet banners with the sig runes. When I put them next to each other, they somewhat resemble these!
    My buddy here in Santa Cruz saw two teenagers downtown and one had a Deutsche Erwake standard ...the other was wearing a fallschirmjager helmet . My friend asked what they were doing with this stuff, and they said they found it in a dumpster down the street!!
    Last edited by Dean; 08-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.

?

Here are the early matching trumpet banner and schellenbaum banners for Deutschland IV Battalion which was formed in 1935 and soon disbanded as an infantry battalion in early 1937 I believe and turned into the motorcycle reconnaissance battalion. They were found together and are the only matching pair of these types of banners I understand. On my laptop I have period pics of them in use. The reverse of these show the large SS runes identical to the photograph. These are from my collection.

?

These are so extraordinary! I'm so glad I get to inherit these things when you pass, Uncle Doug!

BTW, how's your health been? I can come over and cook for you
    I make a 'killer' chicken soup

Lol, just jesting.
    Your awesome collection never ceases to amaze me, Doug. Thanks for sharing.
    That helmet that is the same one in your avatar is absolutely stunning! You have one of the nicest collections around.

Thank you Doug for posting your spectacular example. I'd love to see the period photograph of said item in play, too, but understand if you can't as I'm sure you are a busy man.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast