Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Interesting photograph.

Article about: Very cool photo. I have a named SS helmet to a soldier who may be in this photo! His records show at one point he was in one of the Regimental bands for SS-Tk.

?

Those banners are just stunning. The detail and flash of them is just breathtaking to me. Cool thread BTW

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting photograph.
    P
    Many

When comparing the photographs of the American band vs. the Germans, one begins to comprehend just how high of a standard the German people where held to then, and even to this day, actually. The certain "elitism" they bestowed, structure which is exhibited, and quality of items which they possessed are visibly shown here. For those reasons, and many other related and unrelated ones, my passion has originatated for this part of history.

?

Thanks gents, I will try to get into my laptop tomorrow, for now it's all iPad all the time LOL. Of note, here is my early black parade helmet to the D IV battalion. You may need to click the image and zoom in. It makes a nice touch to go with the banners, and from a very rare early SS VT battalion from which artifacts are not plenty.

Attachment 558837

Attachment 558838

Fantastic banners, Doug. They are quite impressive. If you like this photo, you may also enjoy this one

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...t-rest-335080/

?

Wow, and you have the helmet to go with the banners.. Fricken amazing, Doug.

YouthCollector- I know what you mean by the elitism of the Germans compared to the ally counterparts. I believe Hugo Boss, the famous fashion designer was responsible for the way the A-SS tunics were made. The Germans were held to strict ideals and old style Prussian drill.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Fantastic banners, Doug. They are quite impressive. If you like this photo, you may also enjoy this one

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...t-rest-335080/
    Lol, I hadn't seen the "edited" photo Todd! I just may have had one from this photo through my hands maybe. Or not. :-/
    But it's fun to speculate.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Lol, I hadn't seen the "edited" photo Todd! I just may have had one from this photo through my hands maybe. Or not. :-/
    But it's fun to speculate.
    I'm sure over the years and all the helmets you have touched, the odds may be in your favor that you did, but I guess there's never any way to know for sure. I couldn't help thinking of you the moment I saw that photo. If only there was a time machine.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4