Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting Rough SS Armband

Article about: Hello Everyone: I recently acquired this rough SS armband with an SS RZM Tag. The armband is interesting because of how it got so worn, I'm guessing just from not being taken care of and may

Cody:
    You must have some nasty critters living in your part of the country to eat so much cloth.
    Great looking pieces from what I can see. I am far from an expert. You seem to fall into all kinds of stuff in your area.
    Just my Thoughts....

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Rough SS Armband
    P
    Many

Nice piece. To riddled for me.

Finally! A definitive reply on the infamous horizontal ribbed armbands! You sure seem to have a knack for finding these pieces! I can't recall ever seeing one before you first posted the original! Good job!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As the horizontal ribbing in the black stripes is not very common, it was likely a variant used by a single manufacturer.
    Both tags do appear to sport hersteller '7'.

I think we found something for the record books. Looks like "7" is our mystery maker?

Well, I actually got this armband from a friend who lives down south. Nothing can live in the tundra of North Dakota... I think it was -17 with windchill the other day..

The sad part is, I didn't even notice the ribs until I got it in hand...

Thanks
    Cody

?

This photo holds an intersting juxtaposition...

Interesting Rough SS Armband

Do others see it?

CMH

Although the armband in the first post is in ratty condition...I not only see a badly worn armband..but in the 2nd photo....I see a defeated Germany.IMO.. I would keep this armband and display it as such!! Great pics!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This is what I see...and no Im not smoking drugs...just high on History! sorry to hijack your thread..I could not help myself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Rough SS Armband  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice montage, well done.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This is what I see...and no Im not smoking drugs...just high on History! sorry to hijack your thread..I could not help myself.
    Nicely done, Larry. The photo FB posted of a uniform alongside an Isreali submachine gun evoked a mental image in the same vein. I wish I had the talent to create images like the one you posted.

CMH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast