Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting SS Division Patches

Article about: Hello, gentlemen! A kind woman gave me these patches at a local flea market for practically free. I have never seen anything like them before and was wondering if anyone had any additional i

Default Interesting SS Division Patches

Hello, gentlemen!

A kind woman gave me these patches at a local flea market for practically free. I have never seen anything like them before and was wondering if anyone had any additional information. A friend of mine is interested in them... Honestly, I have very few SS items in my collection and I'd like to know more before passing them on.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Interesting SS Division Patches

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting SS Division Patches
    P
    Many

?

These look modern day production to me... Are the backs a dull plastic type material ie; Press / iron on ??
    Better pics of the back may confirm my suspicions.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    These look modern day production to me... Are the backs a dull plastic type material ie; Press / iron on ??
    Better pics of the back may confirm my suspicions.. G
    G, the backs are red (wool?) felt. I'm on mobile and can't post photos now, but will soon.

Weird patches. Not WWII period IMO, but are still cool and someone will buy them for the right price which I would expect to be in the $5-$15 range.

Not old. They look to be Commemoratives-probably came in a series.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not old. They look to be Commemoratives-probably came in a series.
    We have to stop meeting like this...What would the neighbors think ?? Hahahahaa G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I'd imagine that they are part of a modern series of patches for all of the SS divisions, intended to appeal to neo-nazis and similiar - who else would want the insignia of an SS unit sewn onto their jacket?

Definitely post 1945.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Definitely post 1945.
    Before you dabble in these things, and waste a lot of money, buy some of the most relevant picture references, i.e. the Bando insignia book, which we always cite,
    and also look at the Delich pinned threads. You will save yourself much heartache and public embarrassment.

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I'd imagine that they are part of a modern series of patches for all of the SS divisions, intended to appeal to neo-nazis and similiar - who else would want the insignia of an SS unit sewn onto their jacket?
    Indeed.

Needless to say, no such patches existed during the Third Reich, and their very style bears no resemblence to anything worn during the period.

If you want to keep them in your collection as curiosities, fine, but they really are nothing more than post-war SS fanboy merchandise with no historical or monetary value to speak of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast