MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

interesting Stammabteilung photos

Article about: You have enclosed examples of Stammabteilung insignia as I understand them to have existed. However, I can never exclude exceptions not accounted for in the secondary literature. SS cuff tit

?

Default Re: interesting Stammabteilung photos

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The gray edge stripes were particular to the SA and never worn by SS Stammabteilung.
    Thank you Mr. Coleman. The reason I asked this question is that several books and internet lore attribute the grey edged brassard to the SS Stammabt.. The new book by the Englishman for example.
    Thanks to DrCMH for showing the Stammabt. photo. It is new to me.
    Last edited by jHAM; 07-26-2013 at 09:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement interesting Stammabteilung photos
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very nice image. We see such things all too seldom. Thanks, FB A large contingent of Italians were engaged in the construction of the KdF Stadt. And the SS had a significant role in the creation of the VW as well.

Dear friend, my thanks for your thanks and your intervention here. I was unaware of the Italian involvement with the KdF, other than the loosely emulated programs that the Nazis based on Italian Fascist organized leisure. My knowledge of the KdF is rather limited, basically to what I have gleaned from Baranowski's work. I was drawn to the photo by the presence of the SS-Stammabteilung Mann and now see there is quite a bit more here that presents a chance to expand my knowledge. I could not figure out what uniforms the focal subjects were even wearing. Many thanks again.

CMH

?

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thank you Mr. Coleman. The reason I asked this question is that several books and internet lore attribute the grey edged brassard to the SS Stammabt.. The new book by the Englishman for example.
    Thanks to DrCMH for showing the new Stammabt photo. It is new to me.
    And my thanks to you, jHAM, for starting what turned out to be a very informative thread.

Regards,

CMH

?

From the Ratisbon site we see a member of the SS Stamm-Abt whose police duties most likely kept him from full time SS service.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you F-B. This image is new to me. It shows the SS pilots badge and the crimson OSAF collar insignia. Wonderful!

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thank you F-B. This image is new to me. It shows the SS pilots badge and the crimson OSAF collar insignia. Wonderful!
    Indeed. Period photographs of either in wear are extremely scarce, but the combination of both worn by one man makes this image an incredibly rare thing. I wonder who he was.

?

It looks as if the officer behind Hitler is wearing the crimson OSAF collar insignia. I'm sorry to say I do not recall the source of this image.
    Thanks

interesting Stammabteilung photosinteresting Stammabteilung photosinteresting Stammabteilung photosSaid personage is Prince August Wilhelm v. Hohenzollern in SA uniform.

?

Thank you F-B for the clarification. As always you have my utmost respect and gratitude.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast