Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Intersting black Tuchmütze

Article about: by davejb Thanks FB, very precise and now an obvious reason for the inclusion of the band, feel a bit stupid now i think about it, but thanks anyway, regards Dave You are welcome. No reason

Default Re: Intersting black Tuchmütze

Intersting black Tuchmütze
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    While we're on the subject of Vienna, black cloth and books, allow me to throw in a somewhat off-topic observation. I found an upcoming title announced for April 2012 that sounds like it could be rather interesting:
    Die Anfänge der Wiener SS: Amazon.de: Christiane Rothländer: Bücher
    (I have already pre-ordered my copy.)
    Donnerwetter. Danke vielmals. There are a series of top flight books from Austria on all these things whose titles I will include for you, in turn, though I am sure you know them. You should also buy the book on Iglau that I included and include here for good measure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Intersting black Tuchmütze
    P
    Many

?

I have recently received the visor at the start of this thread and must say I am glad to have it in my collection. It is an honest piece that appears to have been worn very little. The quality of materials and craftsmanship appears superior when compared to the first visor I purchased as part of a grouping a while ago. This, for me, supports other opinions that items of earlier manufacture do indeed have a higher level of sophistication in their manner of construction. I have posted a few more pictures from the Shea site because they are better than what I can produce as well as a few of my own.

Best regards,

CMH

Intersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black Tuchmütze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Intersting black Tuchmütze  

Intersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeI own two from Shea that were also amended. These objects appear in the Wilkins and Beaver Shea books, oddly enough. There are even more enlisted caps that simply have a Gehirnbremse attached, whether such was solely for Oberjunker or whatnot, or persons unwilling to spend RM 7 I cannot say.

Congratulations and further good fortune in your collecting.

Intersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black Tuchmützefoetid, foetid, and foetid.Intersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black Tuchmütze

?

Ich danke Ihnen von Herzen! Congratulations on the fine Schultz tunic tailored in Karlsruhe, a magnificent piece! Bravo! I wish you good luck on your future collecting as well and may the moths and other little vermin with menacing jowls keep their distance from your beautiful treasures.

Best regards,

CMH

Intersting black TuchmützeDanke ebenso. He was Schulz, actually, and not anyone very impressive from what I can discern from his file, such as it is. He did contribute to the Lebensborn e. V., which more says something about his sense of community than his manliness. The moths got to his collar patch, it seems, which is often the case. The tunic is a wholly original thingy, for a small man, and from the capital of the Badenese with its straight streets. I am pretty much death on a cracker with moths and u..v. rays and such. I need to get those nifty UK cap mounts, but I have too many caps and too little space. These tunics have a certain patina when they are real which no fake can ever duplicate. Nineteen thirty eight was long, long ago. The Tricot used in this garment is superior to that found in enlisted tunics which are otherwise similar. I have several officer's tunics, but they generally are not as nicely marked with labels and such as this piece, nor can one as readily distinguish a name. Schwetzingen/Heidelberg/Karlsruhe have long been US garrisons whereby this piece was then likely gotten by some GI at some point or somewhere and somewhat. I have another Sta. 32 enlisted uniform, which I have not photographed.Intersting black Tuchmütze

?

Oh yes, I see now it is Schulz. He may have not had an impressive career but it is of no matter. As you have said, the item is genuine and has it's poetry. I find these types of uniforms just as interesting as the VT or TV variety that is coveted by so many that collect these things. I especially enjoy the markings on your tunic above and others that have such. It adds a further dimension of historical significance to the items and is, simply, nice.

Thank you for sharing your treasure,

CMH

Intersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black Tuchmütze[QUOTE=DrCMH;422033]Oh yes, I see now it is Schulz. He may have not had an impressive career but it is of no matter. As you have said, the item is genuine and has it's poetry. I find these types of uniforms just as interesting as the VT or TV variety that is coveted by so many that collect these things. I especially enjoy the markings on your tunic above and others that have such. It adds a further dimension of historical significance to the items and is, simply, nice.

Thank you for sharing your treasure, CMH

Dear Sir, thanks. As a professional historian, I am as much interested in the 08/15 hum drum Nazi as in the master race Ritterkreuztraeger, or celebrity mass murderer. The chances of finding intact SSVT and SSTV black uniforms are very slight and the costs are too great, though I own some, actually, which I think are complete and correct. The hum drum Allgemeine SS uniforms, which this is, in fact, are pleasing to me, but I scorn collector taste especially as it manifests itself on the maroon madness site. Many of the original black uniforms have no markings at all, other than RZM tags on buttons and insignia. Others are heavily marked, but I do not collect them for the markings, but for their authenticity and as a piece of history. When I studied in a German university a long, long time ago, we learned how to assess and value all sources of the past, which militaria has long been. To the extent that the owners of these items survived 1945, I am sure that I passed some of them on the street in Bonn or Kaiserslautern, or where ever in my youth. In any case, when I tire of my heap of foetid woolens, you here will have to take them on and keep them in good shape. I was in the Bw museum in Dresden on this last trip, and the one they have on display is a fake, unfortunately. Also one of those that was on display in the Hitler exhibition in the Zeughaus in Berlin last fall was also junk.

Thanks for joining us here and best of luck with your growing collection, FBIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black TuchmützeIntersting black Tuchmütze
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-02-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8