Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Item # 113 Marking everywhere

Article about: Just won this item in a auction and wanted to show it to you all. I've always preferred items which can be attributed to an individual as well as marked items, this one has both. Even with t

Default Re: Item # 113 Marking everywhere

These name tags are also faked, of course, so you want to examine it closely.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Item # 113 Marking everywhere
    P
    Many

A better photograph,

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    A better photograph,
    I know about the tags, but my concern was with the unit itself. It is for 7. batterie, SS-Artillerie-Regiment... what? Which one? Was there just one at this time?

Every example of these private purchase name tags which I've encountered are just as vage.

Any other opinions, does the fact that the ss rzm marking is on the strap vs the Tornister itself bother anyone?

Let me repeat: I own two very real SS Tornister, likely that of SSVT, and the VA/SS markings are NOT on the strap.

Item # 113 Marking everywherefor example, from Robert H's things.

Yes sir, I understand, and thank you. Is it of any concern that the marking is on the strap, rather than where it is on the example you posted? This is what I was debating. Here is another example, not unlike the one you posted.
    Item # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhere

I, personal, find it possible the straps could be marked as well. Nothing seems to be "textbook" in the ss realm and on many ss items, you can find marking such as these in different areas. That, of course, is just my opinion.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-22-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Another example which has its strap marked. Item # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhere

From my minimum research online, it seems that it is not uncommon to have the straps marked as well. This was only the opinions of several individuals, not period documentation.

Something to note, in my search I've come to notice the example I posted in comparison to Roberts and the one from the same year and maker above which is marked on its strap vs where Roberts and FB's are, compare well when side by side, practical no difference in fact. However, I ask myself, why mark some straps, yet not others? I have now begun to question myself, something I seem to do quite often when it comes to all this somewhat annoying stuff. I will add though, the fact it's named twice, and has a stamp for the allgemeine ss and waffen ss seems to be logical. I welcome any other opinions, thank you all.

Can anyone refer me to any evidence and/or documentation in regards to the markings on these SS tornister? Could it be I'm over analyzing this, which I do quite often? Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast