Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Item # 113 Marking everywhere

Article about: Just won this item in a auction and wanted to show it to you all. I've always preferred items which can be attributed to an individual as well as marked items, this one has both. Even with t

Default Re: Item # 113 Marking everywhere

1.) The directives for the marking of leather goods are contained in the Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM on pp. 193ff and elsewhere whereby the index will give you some hints.
    2.)Military quartermaster regulations as well as the Reibert for the branches of the army and such also contain guides on how to mark materiel.
    3.)The VA SS also issued some guidance in this direction, but I have never seen it in its totality.
    May I say that this kind of chaotic thread hardly helps either the original poster or others to delve into complicated material, especially when those who seek knowledge plainly have difficulty with its details.
    The recent thread on the interesting collar patch on Mr. Horst's uniform offers a guide on how to conduct one's self on this site versus its opposite.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Item # 113 Marking everywhere
    P
    Many

Might I also note that it takes little to forge the picture of a Waffen SS man from other sources, as is apparently done frequently, forge a Nameslappen, which I assume is also done easily, and forge it all together with what is or is not an SS Tornister. Because of our work here, the fake stamps to SS leather goods have improved, as have the RZM tags and other central items that interest us all in detail.

- - Updated - -

I have watched fakers embellish things with fantasy stamps made in the most outlandish ways for more than four decades.

is the picture named ? or was it simply part of the lot sold ?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    is the picture named ? or was it simply part of the lot sold ?
    A part of the lot from my understanding. It is of my opinion all the marking on this Tornister are correct, as well as others.

I am truly thankful for everyone's help and advice. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-24-2013 at 11:25 PM.

ok then - I would be even more suspicious then unless you got it for around $200

If each of the individual items are original and you are happy with the price paid then I believe that you should accept that you made a good purchase.
    From memory, I think that Standarte "Deutschland" was the original artillery unit for the SSVT but that this latterly changed as the SS continued to expand, pre war.
    Lastly, even if the shoulder straps were piped in white, it does not necessarily prove that the photo does not belong with the tornister as this individual may have worn white farbe when in training and had the photo taken but later posted to artillery when his training was completed.
    I do have a soldbuch for a TK mann who latterly moved to a unit with runes and he is clearly shown as being issued with new schulterklappen and kragenspiegel as part of his move, whilst retaining most of his original issue kit.

I agree, but what I meant is that those "sets" even put together will increase the price significantly, while you can find individual items and assemble similar set for less.
    It is a different story if all items are named and so on.

wow is the tag nicely sewn in ... propably another Bavarian (w/o meaning Klausi Mausi) faked name tag from many other variations.
    Such a young propably 42/43 taken photo keeps his early pack so long, propably he was already active with 14 in the Allg SS ;-)
    Did you checked the photo is original mounted in the frame, the brown paper closure looks strange from those above photos.
    Can get this job even done from my local photo dealer.

Who is Klausi Mausi?
    I share some of Robert's observations in this case.

Claus Maus - Klausi Mausi - fictional character I guess :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast