MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Which item is a must have?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armband

3 6.52%
  • Totenkopf

4 8.70%
  • Cufftitle

5 10.87%
  • Visor cap

14 30.43%
  • Collar Tab

6 13.04%
  • All of the above

14 30.43%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?

Article about: What ? No SS helmet in this poll.........? ?

Default Re: Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?

Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?My response:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?
    P
    Many

All of the above, Got it! haha!

Hey i din't notice the ''all of the above'' option before. Can i change my vote?
    Attached Images Attached Images Which Item is the must have for an SS collector?  Which Item is the must have for an SS collector? 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Friedrich, at the time of writing this, Totenkopfs had no votes while Visor caps had the most- I hope this restores some faith for you! I can't imagine anyone voting for it when the whole cap is an option, assuming the logic is that such factors as money play no part.

I voted for Visor cap, though were that not an option, it would have been the good ol' dead-head... even though I've been lucky enough to acquire one already.

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Friedrich, at the time of writing this, Totenkopfs had no votes while Visor caps had the most- I hope this restores some faith for you! I can't imagine anyone voting for it when the whole cap is an option, assuming the logic is that such factors as money play no part.

I voted for Visor cap, though were that not an option, it would have been the good ol' dead-head... even though I've been lucky enough to acquire one already.

Mat
    Thank you. I should not interfere here, as such a thing is not really intended for me, I think.
    My animus towards cap insignia collectors is not directed at you, Mat, but at several others whom I appear to have bombarded with so much invective, that they are hiding.
    It was their historical imagination, if you will, their willingness (despite their having been born in the late 1980s) to see themselves in the Deschler shop swinging the tools to Nazi toons that aroused my anger.
    You are free to collect whatever you wish, when ever you wish, how ever you wish.
    I am constantly burdened, however, with authentic things that have had the cap badges wrenched off, and such costs a huge amount of time to replace them. In fact, two caps I recently have bought have been mangled this way.
    Ergo, my ire. However, it is not directed at you.

Maybe our images of caps have twisted the minds and souls of people here. I know one mind and soul who has become hooked on funny, used caps she calls them.

Mass persuasion is a sub field of mine.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you. I should not interfere here, as such a thing is not really intended for me, I think.
    My animus towards cap insignia collectors is not directed at you, Mat, but at several others who I appear to have bombarded with so much invective, that they are hiding.
    It was their historical imagination, if you will, their willingness (despite their having been born in the late 1980s) to see themselves in the Deschler shop swinging the tools to Nazi toons that aroused my anger.
    You are free to collect whatever you wish, when ever you wish, how ever you wish.
    I am constantly burdened, however, with authentic things that have had the cap badges wrenched off, and such costs a huge amount of time to replace them.
    Ergo, my ire. However, it is not directed at you.

Maybe our images of caps have twisted the minds and souls of people here. I know one mind and soul who has become hooked on funny, used caps she calls them.

Mass persuasion is a sub field of mine.
    I understood you weren't directing such at me, don't worry. I just wanted to point out (as I'm sure you know, but it's nice to be reminded) that these people are in the minority. Or perhaps in hiding, and planning an uprising of historical destruction.

I've often wondered if the poor man who first obtained my Totenkopf from it's original Nazi ownership took the whole cap originally, or why he took the thing at all.

Mat

Hello fellow collectors. I am new to SS collecting, as usual starting things after the "run up" of prices occurred. I have some experience in Heer, but nothing regarding SS. I must say, how lucky you all must be to own (what is now) worth tens of thousands of dollars of SS items. So the "average" collector is left to ponder some scraps of thread, the occasional arm eagle, or bits from a uniform (which still can cost thousands). Now, before your dander kicks up, and you smugly say, well, if you can't afford it boy, collect beanie babies!! Well, I assure I can afford it, I just marvel at the arrogant attitudes of some when they give zero consideration tho the future? of the hobby. If you ask most young people today, the e-generation lets say, they value an I pod much more than "some old used army hat" So.... What have any of us done to build the future when all the sixty year old men die off...... How much will your 10,000 original alllgemeines tunic bring when no one alive can remember WW2....... Just one man's thought.

Despite all the pontificating, when it all boils down to it, the most iconic SS image,in my opinion, is the black officers cap with the silver cords. Whether you have one or fifty of them, they say "SS" to most people like nothing else does.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 03-04-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

This issue has come up time and time again. To me, monetary value means little: I buy not as an investment but simply for the history of the item and the pleasure of owning it in my lifetime.

American Civil War items are long gone from living memory and prices remain very very high! So I see no worries. I have collected 35 years and prices have never fallen.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

From my point of view, you forgot to add "Officer's Dagger" as an option.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast