Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Article about: by d'alquen JHAM are you sure that is a picture of Glücks? The cap insignia (1936) and the rank don't fit with him. Good observation: The portrait photograph shows Sturmbannführer collar pat

Default Re: Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    JHAM are you sure that is a picture of Glücks? The cap insignia (1936) and the rank don't fit with him.
    Good observation: The portrait photograph shows Sturmbannführer collar patches, but Richard Glücks was already promoted to Obersturmbannführer on 9 Nov. 34 and to Standartenführer on 13 Sept. 36.

This photo appears on several websites identifed as being Glücks, but in the light of the above information, I doubt it.

(The facial features also appear different to me when compared to later photos showing Glücks, but I am terribly bad at comparing such things.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935
    P
    Many

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935This is Gluecks on the right?

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935These men are the same?

Somewhere we have a photo montage of Gluecks at Dachau with a delegation in which he is pictured quite clearly...somewhere. Or it is Gottlob Berger....?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-21-2013 at 10:52 PM.

The photos in the internet copy the misinformation found in certain places, and the Bildarchiv preussischer Kulturbesitz either a.) reproduces sometimes a Nazi photo caption or is b.) without a clue, as comes from a young archivist of otherwise sound character with little or no background in this material. It does little good to assume that more than a tiny circle of people know the arcane details that interest us.

?

Thank you all for the correction. I used google images and got a mislabeled picture. I will take the foot out of my mouth and try again. Judging by these properly labeled images I think it is Richard Glücks in the photo that I posted and was identified by Mr. d'alquen.
    Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Thanks to you all.

Thank you, JHAM , you have nothing to apologize for here at all. Your role with us is exemplary. We all makes mistakes, that is all of us, and there is surely no sin to it.

?

Neat photos.
    When I look at these I always wonder if any of the uniforms and headgear still exist.

Is there some reliable photo references of SSTV officers other than the Schiffer book on this topic?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you, JHAM , you have nothing to apologize for here at all. Your role with us is exemplary. We all makes mistakes, that is all of us, and there is surely no sin to it.
    Thank you F-B. I think very carefully about my posts and always keep in mind the quality of audience here on this forum. I try hard to follow in the footsteps of those like Mr. d'alquen, HPL2008, Mr. Coleman and of course F-B. Even though I will never reach their level of competence. I owe them a debt of gratitude for helping my interest mature and providing a path to follow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast