Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Article about: by d'alquen JHAM are you sure that is a picture of Glücks? The cap insignia (1936) and the rank don't fit with him. Good observation: The portrait photograph shows Sturmbannführer collar pat

Default Re: Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Thank you for the kind words and keep up the good work.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935
    P
    Many

JHAM,
    Keep posting away and don't worry about making the occasional error, that's how we all learn stuff.
    In answer to your original question about the flag, the flag patch would be for 'Brandenburg' so it would be an Arabic 2 as the SS-TV identified the three regiments with regular numbers and used Roman numerals for the batallions.
    FB,
    I'm afraid I don't know of any book that covers officers of the SS-TV. I keep meaning to get the Maclean book but other publishers always seem to gobble up my money first.
    d'Alquen

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935
    Quote by d'alquen View Post
    JHAM,
    Keep posting away and don't worry about making the occasional error, that's how we all learn stuff.
    In answer to your original question about the flag, the flag patch would be for 'Brandenburg' so it would be an Arabic 2 as the SS-TV identified the three regiments with regular numbers and used Roman numerals for the batallions.
    FB,
    I'm afraid I don't know of any book that covers officers of the SS-TV. I keep meaning to get the Maclean book but other publishers always seem to gobble up my money first.
    d'Alquen
    Thank you for the note. I have the Maclean book, and it is average, I think. I have not looked at it for a long time, really. The most significant thing about the book, as I recall, is the extraordinary number of medical doctors as officers in the SSTV.
    I guess doctors as a profession were over represented in the SS as a rule, but this fact in the SSTV caught my notice.
    Thanks for your support here, too.

Granted the first rate research and resources in Germany, I imagine someone has outdone Maclean in the interval, too, but I am not aware of it.

?

F-B and Mr. d'alquen
    I would like to thank you both for the encouragement.

Whilst not totally relevant to the subject of Japanese visiting a Concentration Camp, I came across this image of Japanese Ambassador Oshima reviewing SS troops in 1942 and thought it might be a suitable postscript.
    d'Alquen
    Source: Library of Congress
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935  

Thank you. The picture is more than germane, as General Oshima was Hitler's favorite and an important feature of the regime and the Axis.

'The Camp Men' is a spectacular title

Sorry for invading a serious thread with my silliness, carry on chaps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3