Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

Article about: This badge (bottom left, not on the tunic....) appeared on the sewer site, but it is a clear image of the collar patch of the Allgem. SS Standarte in Kaiserslautern, where I once lived. This

Default Re: Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

Wiesbaden was and is better, and will be headquarters for USAREUR, to the extent it still exists.
    Don't get me wrong about Kaiserslautern as compared to some places in today's world where one can serve, but I wanted to be with the Berlin Brigade at the time; that is, such was my basis of comparison at the time.

Happy Germany and happy collar tabs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.
    P
    Many

Many thanks for the information on this type of collar tab.
    I always thought that the thread variety replaced the wire tab and not the other way round.
    Funny how you can misinterpret information over time and accept it as correct.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Many thanks for the information on this type of collar tab.
    I always thought that the thread variety replaced the wire tab and not the other way round.
    Funny how you can misinterpret information over time and accept it as correct.
    I believe that the alu wire for the Standarte number became the norm for all ranks in the 1937 reform of the dress regulations or so. I suggest this from my reading of the relevant files, but only part of them. Mr. d'Alquen is the real authority here. The data in Mollo and Angolia strikes me as more from the 1934 regulations, such as they were.
    Allgemeine SS insignia is very complicated and was the subject to frequent change in the years of its prominence, a brief time, in the period 1933 until about 1939 or so.....

Nothing that I write, however, has the word of law to it, but is the result of some analysis based on more than average evidence, but I have never seen all the evidence.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-06-2012 at 02:16 AM.

If you could see all the evidence FB that would take the search/research element out of collecting and it would then be less fun.

Collecting German militaria is better (as far as I am concerned) because it contains more flaunting and flouting of regulations and more non regulation items in their wearing of their uniforms than any of the other nations involved.

If you then add to this, the constant change in uniforms that occurred over time because of internal changes within the Nazi regime and because of the later exigencies of the war effort, the fact that they were always short of materiel, together with the addition of the loss much of the associated background data that adds to the puzzle.
    I have often wondered if the German war effort would have fared better if they had withdrawn all of the prewar uniforms and recycled them to keep up with the demands of the troops at the front.

Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.
    Quote by Bochmann View Post
    If you could see all the evidence FB that would take the search/research element out of collecting and it would then be less fun.

Collecting German militaria is better (as far as I am concerned) because it contains more flaunting and flouting of regulations and more non regulation items in their wearing of their uniforms than any of the other nations involved.

If you then add to this, the constant change in uniforms that occurred over time because of internal changes within the Nazi regime and because of the later exigencies of the war effort, the fact that they were always short of materiel, together with the addition of the loss much of the associated background data that adds to the puzzle.
    I have often wondered if the German war effort would have fared better if they had withdrawn all of the prewar uniforms and recycled them to keep up with the demands of the troops at the front.
    Thanks. I would like to be able to read all the primary sources in detail, which others have done. I have not, because of time and other commitments and my own failure to seize the microform sources, which exist.
    The process of constant change is central to the SS. Uniforms of other forces, known to me professionally, are static in comparison. For instance, the atomic green uniform of the U.S. Army introduced after Korea, ca. 1957 or so, is only now being phased out, and the attempt to replace it with something else began in the 1970s...

I will let you people explain changes in British Army garrison uniforms, but they seem to have remained similar to early 20th century prototypes for decades.

The uniforms I collect existed more or less for about only six or so years, or maybe ten or so years, if you want to stretch it....

In any case, the regalia of the III. Reich is endlessly interesting and thanks for your own contribution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2