Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold

Article about: Karl Hermann Frank likely did not offer up his souvenirs of German rule in the Tschechei in the 1950s to visitors in the years after the war, because by then he had turned to dust. He was ex

Default Re: Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum!

You have had some superb items pass through your hands of late.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank-you Ade!

I appreciate your kind words! Hard work pays off sometimes!

Best wishes,
    Bruce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold
    P
    Many

Quote by militarymania View Post
    sorry but i am skeptical of this story,,,
    to be honest i,m also sceptical about this story......!no ofcourse i believe there realy existed that old man who captured BIG NAZI BOY and his metal :KEPIMY RESPECT TO THAT OLD AMERICAN SOLDIER MAN-RIP). but looking at helmets liner makes me wonder-man that helmet is hard used.lether damage all around liner is good sighn about well used liner.But i don,t believe that Obergrupenfuhrer been used that helmet so many and so hard,to make that kind of damage to liner.these guy moustly prefer hi,s own visors and spend moust of time in bunkers or safe places. And if that helmet spend last 60 years in hatbox-it could not get that kind lether damage to liner. JUST MY OPINION,AND DON,T TAKE IT PERSONAL-:just two way,s-liner is from other helmet,or highly rebuilt helmet on to REAL OLD MANS STORY.i,m not so naive to believe such AMERICAN DREAM storys,and also i,m very sure that all vets and other military persons who ever got eny conection with HIGH NAZIS-have been visited many uears ago from high level regalia hunters.SORRY FOR MY UNRESPECTIVE OFF TOP.WITH ALL MY RESPECT-OSTLANDDIGGER

Quote by Prussian Grenadier View Post
    Thank-you Ade!

I appreciate your kind words! Hard work pays off sometimes!

Best wishes,
    Bruce
    welcome to the forum bruce that is a lovely helmet keep up the good work

simply amazing...........what more can I say?

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    welcome to the forum bruce that is a lovely helmet keep up the good work
    Thank-you!

Bruce

Quote by Prussian Grenadier View Post
    simply amazing...........what more can I say?
    if it,s for me then sorry-YOU DON,T HAWE TO SAY OR PROOF NOTHING TO ME.AS THIS IS FORUM WHERE EVERYBODY CAN GIVE HIS OPINION OR KNOLEDGE-I GAVE MY OPINION. what else that OLD MAN got from captured mister Frank:i believe at first he been checking for souvenier goodies in mister Frank pocket,s and only after he made hard decision:well nothing good in pockets, i,ll take metal KEPI. poor mister FRANK.nice kepi,exelent story for TARANTINO.once again-THAT WAS JUST MY OPINION.MAYBE I,M SO SCEPTICAL JUST BECAUSE I KNOW FEW AMERICAN DEALERS PERSONALY-AND THEY TOLD ME A LOT OF SUCH SORT STORY,S AND HOW THEY BUILT UP.

That's a nice helmet. Wouldn't mind having that helmet in my collection

/Farradin

A real gem

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Bruce nice Helmet could you tell us who made it. Also was it black at one time and then repainted ? Gary

This nice grey cap is also on said website, and not seen usually at swap meets, hock shops, or also in Baltic locales. The black cap was also sold recently in 24 hours.

This posting is not intended as a commercial endorsement, and the poster has no personal interest in said item other than I should buy it, and have instead to buy a car.

But these are remarkable and rare caps. They are not my property.

Also, if a reader wants then to post some offensive a libelous allegations here about personalities (including mine), then kindly think twice before doing so, as the administrators here enforce the rules with some dispatch, as recently shown in another case. There are other sites where the murder of reputations of dealers and collectors rules the realm, so you can go post there.

Please keep your posts here civil and express your opinion like a gentleman or gentlewoman, and keep this site functional and not like the dung heap as had elsewhere. Also, deploy evidence of a credible and tangible kind to support your assertions.

The Frank helment is a remarkable piece, to be sure, and the piece has been vetted by some leading authorities in the US. You can surely disregard their opinions as you wish and proclaim same to the world. We are all free to believe or disbelieve anything and everything. The tendency today is the latter, of course, which might make for amusing reading on blogs, websites, and "twitters," but it does not correspond with reality.

sapere aude.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold   Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold  

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-26-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast