Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold

Article about: Karl Hermann Frank likely did not offer up his souvenirs of German rule in the Tschechei in the 1950s to visitors in the years after the war, because by then he had turned to dust. He was ex

Default Re: Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Bruce, thank-you for the pics and document, and thanks for posting--we look forward to seeing more of you over here....
    Thank-you!

Bruce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold
    P
    Many

Quote by Prussian Grenadier View Post
    Shade, and tones man! Frank's helmet is a much lighter tone in this picture, thus lighter paint. The others are darker, thus darker paint. I give up!
    The study of the past demand glacial patience, especially on these websites. The extraction of the truth unfolds with some steps forward and several steps back.

I am glad you posted the image from the Heydrich funeral, which I looked for. The skeptical here can pay for a DNA test, but I am sure the efforts required to find KH Frank's mortal remains somewhere in Bohemia are prohibitive. Maybe his relatives are in Munich among the expellees there.

The VA SS marks on the leather strap here are typical of those on leather goods ca. 1938, but I am not a helmet expert. The helmet experts, however, have examined said item here and given its their lofty blessing.

Notice this Sudeten black uniform and its Effekten u Ausruestung.

Maybe this man who wore the black uniform drank beer with KH Frank or ate apricot dumplings while hatching schemes of ethnic cleansing and subjugation of the Sweiks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold   Karl-Hermann Frank's SS Helmet Sold  

?

Bruce thanks for the info very nice helmet

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Bruce thanks for the info very nice helmet

My pleasure.

Bruce

?

Yes thanks for posting the photos and the provenance Bruce , a rare thing indeed , an attributle helmet and to a Senior Nazi figure as well, so all round a not often seen piece plus a quality lid to boot

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

You're always gunna get people who don't wanna believe that there are real treasures out there still but i'm glad it didn't put you off from sharing the pic's and story Bruce. Nice one and thanks Jay.

Quote by Prussian Grenadier View Post
    Frank wearing his helmet. Notice that his helmet is much lighter in color, i.e., gray. While the others in the picture look to be darker, i.e., apple green.

Bruce
    A bit late to comment, but your photo (from the copyrighted book "Reinhard Heydrich-The Biography" by Max Williams) that's Polizei General Daluege standing to Frank's right and he is wearing a police green helmet with police decal. All the other helmets in this portion of the original photo are SS, so they should be the same color as Frank's. I believe this photo was taken in June 1942 during the transfer of Heydrich's body from Prague to Berlin after the assassination.

At the conclusion of Williams' book there is an interesting photo of Frank standing in front of a hanging US flag being directed by an armed US soldier with SG stenciled on his helmet. Frank is wearing a six button tunic with dark collar and SS sleeve eagle as well as an officer's M43 cap with SS eagle sewn to the side. The photo is titled " Karl Frank was taken prisoner by the Americans. He was handed over to the Czechoslovakians and hanged."

A few years ago, a Model 1914 Mauser was observed at the SOS bearing an inscription of K-H. Frank. It was sold and went to Texas I believe.
    Last edited by Poloberst; 04-14-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Doug, where are you hiding this helmet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4