Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

KZ Dachau 1933

Article about: Thanks for the above. I was on temporary duty in Europe for two weeks and unable to respond to the above. I think there has been some misunderstanding here, which readers can reconcile in ca

Default Re: KZ Dachau 1933

The photograph of Himmler smiling in the camp is in stark contrast to an event that occurred eight years later. In August of 1941, Himmler made a request to witness a mass execution in Minsk. As they shot the 98 men and two women in a trench, Himmler became "visibly ill". After nearly fainting and falling into the trench, his adjutant Karl Wolf grabbed him so he wouldn't fall. Himmler observed that the two women had been shot but weren't dead yet, so he frantically yelled, "shoot them again, they are suffering." Himmler then spoke with Bach-Zelewski about developing a more humane method of killing. Some historians say that he meant more humane for the German soldiers doing the shooting, but I think his concern for the two women clearly shows he had the victims in mind. How absurd that the maniacal killer, who preached the ideology of hate and mass extermination, and who was directly involved in the execution of six million jews, got sick watching the murders of only 100 people.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KZ Dachau 1933
    P
    Many

?

Personally i find your thinking on this matter rather strange, Like most bullies , tyrants and despots they have henchmen to do something that they themselves have no stomach for, the man was a coward, which was proved when he was captured in the uniform of the werhmacht and attempting to disassociate himself from the SS , He took the cowards way out like Goering when he realised that the writing was on the wall he may have been a fanatical nazi but he even tried to negotiate a peace and when that fell through ,he ran. His so called "humanity" was nothing more than being around a slaughter house,which he had instigated , and could not stand to watch the carnage, admittedly something which we as normal human beings would find abhorrent, but did that change his mind , no , he never went to another mass murder again ,knowing that this terrible crime against humanity was being commited on a daily basis

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Personally i find your thinking on this matter rather strange, Like most bullies , tyrants and despots they have henchmen to do something that they themselves have no stomach for, the man was a coward, which was proved when he was captured in the uniform of the werhmacht and attempting to disassociate himself from the SS , He took the cowards way out like Goering when he realised that the writing was on the wall he may have been a fanatical nazi but he even tried to negotiate a peace and when that fell through ,he ran. His so called "humanity" was nothing more than being around a slaughter house,which he had instigated , and could not stand to watch the carnage, admittedly something which we as normal human beings would find abhorrent, but did that change his mind , no , he never went to another mass murder again ,knowing that this terrible crime against humanity was being commited on a daily basis
    Sorry, but your statement is not only debatable, it is also factually incorrect. To take one's own life using prussic acid is an extremely painful death. Very fast, but painful nonetheless and definitely not a course of action to be taken lightly. Suicide by the use of a head shot is less painful and Himmler had that option prior to his detention by the Russian patrol. He delayed because he wished to make it to the south where he believed he would be able to make himself useful to the post-war authorities in some way. As we know, a totally misguided concept. Even when he revealed his true identity, he was still under the impression that he would be treated with some respectful formality and it came as a shock when he realised this would not be the case.
    Having accepted his sentence, Göring only decided to take his own life because he was refused the option of, as he saw it, an honourable death by firing squad. There was no cowardice involved.
    Himmler did in fact attend another mass killing; during his inspection tour of Auschwitz in July 1942, Himmler witnessed an action in a gas chamber.
    W.

Perhaps chaps there should now be a very gentle reminder as to how this most interesting thread started :-

"...extraordinary photos of camp personnel in Dachau 1933...".

No more and no less.

Regards,

David

Sorry about that David, they are indeed historically enlightening photographs. I had seen photos of Himmler in the camp, but I had never seen the photo where he was smiling in such a broad manner while at the camp, so my post was actually somewhat connected to the original thread. However, my post did cause the topic to stray. Thanks for the "soft" nudge.

Jay

panzERIC
    ?

Default SS KommandoFlagge

Bob,

Here is one KommandoFlagge of the III.rd Sturmbann of the Standarte Germania I had in my collection... Of some interest is the shape and construction of the eagle and the workmanship in general which are very similar to yours... I searched pictorial evidences for years without success! However the original character of these is beyond any doubt for me!
    Enjoy!

Eric
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Dachau 1933  

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9