Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LAH Aermelstreifen

Article about: that's a nice CT ---FB.

Default LAH Aermelstreifen

as found elsewhere in the firmament, comes from France this nice, authentic cuff title for the LAH.LAH Aermelstreifen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Aermelstreifen
    P
    Many

?

That's a nice looking one. May I ask, is it one from your collection?

Quote by Erno View Post
    That's a nice looking one. May I ask, is it one from your collection?
    No, sir, it is not.

I do own a similar item on a black tunic.

I just admired it and wanted to add it to the heap of images here, since we endure so many fakes and junk.

LAH AermelstreifenLAH AermelstreifenHere is mine.....

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is mine.....
    Very impressive!

Quote by Erno View Post
    Very impressive!
    Thank you. I am very lucky to have found it.

I had another LAH tunic which I sold and it became very famous. How droll.

LAH AermelstreifenLAH AermelstreifenLAH AermelstreifenLAH AermelstreifenLAH AermelstreifenSaid tunic, but it had a woven cuff title, which is also not especially common.

?

It's amazing to me that any LSSAH tunics survived the war, given the nature of postwar Germany. Many people decry the 'looting' that took place at the hands of American and other Allied servicemen, but if not for that, many more items like those in this thread would have been lost forever.

Quote by Erno View Post
    It's amazing to me that any LSSAH tunics survived the war, given the nature of postwar Germany. Many people decry the 'looting' that took place at the hands of American and other Allied servicemen, but if not for that, many more items like those in this thread would have been lost forever.
    The looting of such uniforms was actually a legal process of disarmament and post war occupation normal in most such epochs. Until very recently, such items as these garnered little interest
    in Germany outside of a specific circle, who normally kept to itself. The institutions of history and memory that exist today did not exist, say, when I first went to the FRG in 1969, where the
    subject was treated in a very stylized way, and this stuff was considered less than junk.
    Truth be told, the Germans looted all the places they occupied as have conquering armies since the institution of conquering armies was established.
    For my part, I want all my heap to go back to Germany at some point.
    If some puerile neo Nazi today gets worked up on line that the Amis stole the old uniforms, such outrage says more about the year 2014 and generalized anti Americanism than it does about the posture of this regalia in the years and even first decades after the war.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-14-2014 at 10:37 PM.

?

Well, I have no treasures, so when my small heap is eventually dispersed, I don't think anyone will be clamoring to restore it to the Fatherland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast