Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Article about: The Assmann catalog published ca. 1936 or so contains the second pattern SS Totenschaedel introduced in the course of 1933-34. One of the Assmann family was selected by Kurt Daleuge in 1927

Default Re: LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Thanks, Anders, for a helpful addition. The matter of the cap badges on the Whamond LAH Montur strikes me a wholly besides the point, especially in view of what I posted as concerns Nazi regalia in its actual state in Germany in the wake of denazification, which might strike some US collectors with five years experience as a joke or a delusion. Such it was not, of course. I do not want to get into a pi$$ing contest here about this sort of thing, or else, if it keeps up, I will start giving grades for historical content of posts without permission from the administrators and the moderators.

Thanks, Anders, for the nice image of a Cupal cap badge. It is not an especially attractive badge. The Deschler ones are much more attractive, but I had not been conscious of a Cupal item before. 'Scull" threads are inherently dorky and pointless...
    Shea also has a cap with a fake cap badge on his site, in fact.

I should have made an image in Germany three decades ago of denazified SS caps I encountered. I saw several, none of which I bought since I had stopped collecting at the time, but went to militaria meets all the same. There were always nice things, too.

far away and long ago....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-16-2011 at 08:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market
    P
    Many

This is the house that Assmann built in Berlin, a fact far more interesting and compelling than the Werkstoffe that went into these stupid cap ornaments.LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

If you could go back in time, and ask these passers by whether the cap badge was neusilber, Tombak, or Cupal, what do you think they would say to you?

The sign reads "Nazibedarf nur hier..."

Anders, my critique is directed at others, not at you....as you know.

Maybe these men endured less forehead pressure in Berlin in 1932 while pondering the final solution of the cupal question?LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

She has no forehead pressure, either, amid her sort of gender bending cross dressing and expensive sports car driving before the Machtergreifung. Nice car, and I am not sure whether this woman and I would have hit it off, really. Did she have an answer to the Werkstoff issue of the moment?LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

In looking for images, though, I found this Ukrainian soldier personage of today, a major reason for Ukraine to be in NATO's "Partnership for Peace" and for rapid accession via Article X to the Washington Treaty. Long live the Ukrainian army.LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

She has a cap badge too, but why should she worry about what it is made of, then?

?

With a nod to this caning (ouch), I report that Pete now agrees that these insignia are incorrect; the listing will be revised, and I will follow up on this.

Quote by Frog View Post
    With a nod to this caning (ouch), I report that Pete now agrees that these insignia are incorrect; the listing will be revised, and I will follow up on this.
    Thanks for the report. I certainly intended no corporal punishment for you or for Peter Whammond with my intervention.
    The lord of the flies site had the set to about this item, one which follows in a multi year tradition of Schreierei about dealers and their many trespasses.
    The moment is coming when I shall unilaterally begin a grading system on collector posts, especially if this site acquires the bad habits as operate on the other site with the witch hunts, smashing of icons, and tub thumping become uppermost. The real purpose of same has always been to unsettle collectors and also to drive away the more reflective, so the piranhas can feast on the foetid carcasses of the past.

We do not need this website to remind us of a fact that is manifest in the 21st century, as it has been heretofore: that life is unfair and that the commercial system emphasizes disparities in society and economy which breed resentment, class warfare and hurl up demagogues, who, in the end, do little to improve the lot of those whose interests they seem to champion. How long have I endured the stories of black SS caps found in garage sales for .25 cents apiece by heroic personages, and why did I pay $125 when all other Nazi caps cost USD 20 in 1970? Pi pa po. When these tall tales were told in the stamp shop, the hock shop, the local gun show, or in the collector meeting place of blessed memory, they were cute, a meaningless irritation, and inevitable. Nowadays, with the cyber lines of communication and total transparency, plus the real impact of cyber bullies and digital Rufmord rather out of control in a nervous world, we here can insist on some balance.

Let us question the authority and knowledge of those who question authority in the Robin Hood pose, when in fact, something less noble stalks the land.LAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Well the Dream of an untouched LAH officers Tunic with Hat for 44k has ended. A price reduction now? A close-up of the Cyphers is necessary. Battered Cyphers on minty Boards. Most curious.

?

Pete has removed the insignia and revised the description, thanking the WRF for its help in his text.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast