Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Article about: The Assmann catalog published ca. 1936 or so contains the second pattern SS Totenschaedel introduced in the course of 1933-34. One of the Assmann family was selected by Kurt Daleuge in 1927

Default Re: LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Quote by Frog View Post
    Pete has removed the insignia and revised the description, thanking the WRF for its help in his text.
    Thanks for the update. Please see my interventions above on this matter, to which I have nothing further to add here without harming civility and good order and discipline.

Might I also suggest that if persons posting here have a bone to pick with a dealer, they do so directly via the medium proffered by such personages or do so on the other site, where bone picking with dealers forms the major and sole activity.

Also, the proprietors should consider a separate vessel to contain this hurly burly so that it will not infect the rest of the posts.

sapere aude.LAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market
    P
    Many

My post reflects no criticism of my friend and colleague, Mr. Frog. Rather, he will recognize that such reflects my steadfast wish and deed that this site not drift down the sewer that has taken two other sites known to him and me to the cyber municipal waste treatment plant qua insane asylum.LAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Once again, looking at the Pics of the purported LAH Officer's Tunic, I cannot tell if the Cyphers are legit from the pictures. Why do some of the lines in the letters not appear? Why do the Cyphers look so beaten, yet the boards are mint? Most curious. Cast or die struck, that is the question.

Quote by Doktor No View Post
    Once again, looking at the Pics of the purported LAH Officer's Tunic, I cannot tell if the Cyphers are legit from the pictures. Why do some of the lines in the letters not appear? Why do the Cyphers look so beaten, yet the boards are mint? Most curious. Cast or die struck, that is the question.
    This is the last time I am going to write this: send your query to the source and report back to us the results. If you want to give us a tutorial on the ins and outs of high end grey SS uniforms, then we will eagerly read your analysis and thoughts, particularly if you grace us with nice pictures as examples for the learning of others. We are grateful that you have, on occasion, shared some pictures from your collection. Thanks. Hatfield and McCoy issues with dealers belong elsewhere---on the maroon loony bin forum.

Also, why don't you give us the tutorial on cap badges, which the "scull" queens from the other site have failed to offer us (this comment does not pertain to Bob Hritz, whose posts on this material are always sober and without berzerk speculation and set the standard) and which is a major desideratum here instead of the endless clap trap about these over valued objects of insanity.LAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to marketLAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

I had no idea I offended you. Am I in a "Hatfield and McCoy Situation"? I did not realize this. I have no bone to pick with anything other than originality. Am I not allowed to question items that Cost 44k? And or items appearing on this particular Vendors Site? Another Forum is a "Looney Bin"? Why is it a "Looney Bin" Sir? Did they offend you? I apparently am in need of your sage and guiding advice as in your above rant I appear to be off kilter in my approach to the Hobby. You want Tutorials from me? Most odd from an esteemed and advanced Collector such as yourself.

Smile Re: LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    If you could go back in time, and ask these passers by whether the cap badge was neusilber, Tombak, or Cupal, what do you think they would say to you?

The sign reads "Nazibedarf nur hier..."

Anders, my critique is directed at others, not at you....as you know.
    F-B, No offense taken.

LAH Captain's Uniform - new to market

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5