Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lammers in der weissen Montur

Article about: Dr. Lammers in the white summer uniform, a scene seldom encountered. He was Staatssekretaer in the Reichskanzlei

Default Lammers in der weissen Montur

Dr. Lammers in the white summer uniform, a scene seldom encountered. He was Staatssekretaer in the Reichskanzlei
    Attached Images Attached Images Lammers in der weissen Montur 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lammers in der weissen Montur
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lammers in der weissen Montur

nice pic ! golden party badge ! iron cross 1e class , what is the small badge in left of golden badge??

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    nice pic ! golden party badge ! iron cross 1e class , what is the small badge in left of golden badge??
    Perhaps the Gold Hitler Youth Honor Badge with oak leaves border?

its hj badge,oh and Never seen the white pants w/this tunic although read about it.

Now that's a fantastic shot of Doctor Lammers ...thanks for posting that Friedrich.
    According to an Organizational Flow Chart from the Nurnberg Trials , there were 3 Ministers/Secretaries directly below Hitler.
    Meissner , Lammers and Bormann

Meissner handled Admin issues and (as far as power ) remained low man on the Totem Pole ..but ,we still see his "fingerprints" on many documents in our Collections .
    Bormann was the Party Secretary and we all know his role.
    Dr Hans Lammers was at one point the most powerful of the three and yet very few ever hear his name or know how powerful he really was.
    Funny how History seems to have overlooked him even though he played a Major "role" in State Affairs.

Here's the flow chart they used for the Trials --
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lammers in der weissen Montur  

Thanks for the organizational chart. The structure of the Nazi state and party in the senior most ranks is pretty complicated and too arcane for many people who are strictly interested in the more well known aspects of Nazi regalia in the dimension of the combat arms of the services and the SS. However, if one is to make the most of this material in its variety, then the effort to deepen one's self in this detail pays off many times over. Dr. Lammers was typical of senior career civil servants who made common cause in the III Reich with such potentates of the party as Bormann, known for his role in mid-war and later.

As concerns the uniform itself, in the Bundesarchiv on line finding aid for the RFSS papers, there is ample mention of the conception and introduction of this white uniform.

Thanks for the intervention and may all have einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.

?

I think I am right insaying this tunic (or at least one purportedly owned by Lammers) is in the Imperial War Museum in London.

?

Sir Peter O'Sullivan has the most wonderful collection from Nuremberg where his father was a prosecutor as shown on the Antiques Roadshow a few years back. He said the collection was going to a museum Doh, probably to be never seen again...

I was able (and honored) to be allowed to peruse his Allgemeine-SS General's overcoat recently--one of the best tailored garments I have seen--the man did not cut corners when it came to his uniforms.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I was able (and honored) to be allowed to peruse his Allgemeine-SS General's overcoat recently--one of the best tailored garments I have seen--the man did not cut corners when it came to his uniforms.
    Nice ..Did you happen to notice who the Tailor was ? He could certainly afford to take the custom Tailored route .

Here's an interesting Document that came with my Rosenberg Archive ...it shows his signature which is, quite out of the ordinary.
    But then again ...so is the document (you'll like this Friedrich )
    This is the first time I've seen a Thread re Dr Lammers so , I thought the more we could add to it the better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lammers in der weissen Montur  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast