Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lammers in der weissen Montur

Article about: Dr. Lammers in the white summer uniform, a scene seldom encountered. He was Staatssekretaer in the Reichskanzlei

Default Re: Lammers in der weissen Montur

Thank you for the interesting summons to Rosenberg from the Dr. Lammers. If possible, might I kindly ask that you enlarge the handwritten portions. These are especially interesting.

Our focus here goes beyond the physical aspects, imagined or real of this regalia in its narrowest, constricted sense. We are interested in the forces of politics, society, culture and ideas in the lives of these men and women. These forces are most tangible to us in the specific biographies of the people before us, especially this man, in fact, who was quite typical of many in the professions and was something entirely other than one of the alte Marschierer as in the case of the long serving SA man known to you all.

Thanks again.

Dr. Lammers likely patronized the elite tailors in the government district adjacent to the Wilhlemstrasse, and, moreover, he also got extra pay in his high office commensurate with AH generous pay offs to those in power upon whom he relied.

Happy new year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lammers in der weissen Montur
    P
    Many

Thanks Friedrich ..I'm glad you liked seeing it. I had a rough translation done on it a while ago ..It would be interesting to know exactly WHAT they discussed at that meeting ...I'm sure the date has something to do with it. And , notice how Rosenberg was told that he'd have to be there in person and couldn't just send someone to represent him.
    I'll take a few close ups of the text you wanted right now.

Please translate it for us Friedrich ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lammers in der weissen Montur   Lammers in der weissen Montur  

Lammers is marshaling together all authorities large and small connected with the occupied eastern territories to meet under the aegis of Goebbels, as the minister for total war. The handwritten notes are to the effect that Rosenberg cannot attend, nor can others in Rosenberg's ministry connected with the meeting attend either, as they (two personalities) shall not be in Berlin. I imagine that the meeting had something to do with the collapsing position of Greater Germany in eastern Europe as concerned the war effort in the purview of Goebbels. The date being 26 July 1944, a pretty bad time on the eastern front if memory serves. A document of the decline and fall of the III. Reich especially as it pertained to the conquests that were the foundation of German power. No time here for a new set of spiffy clothes.

I know Rosenberg would NEVER have attended any meeting held by Goebbles re the Ost since he and Joe were having a long drawn out fight and Lammers had been trying to calm it down. I have letters from Lammers re this. Goebbels was getting involved in the Ost Propaganda ..and Rosenberg felt that should be under his control not Goebbels.

Lammers signature is a bit like Himmlers, in that it is in sutterlin script also..

a bit oversized and more of a scribble look though

yes.

Sutterlin was pretty much the rule for these people in the early 20th century. Wise collectors do themselves a favor to learn this script so as better understand these remnants of the past.

Hello All,

I am wondering if this thread is still active...am interested in all things Hans H. Lammers, especially his uniforms, along with his fate after his 1951 release up until his death in 1962...also would like to know if he was captured along with Goering during their flight from the Obersalzberg, seeing as they were both condemned to death after the telegram sent to Hitler on April 23rd...MRF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2