Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?

Article about: I just bought a grouping of military stuff from my neighbor. This jacket was in one of the boxes. Is this a summer uniform maybe being white? I don't know much about this item so any help wo

Default Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?

I just bought a grouping of military stuff from my neighbor. This jacket was in one of the boxes. Is this a summer uniform maybe being white? I don't know much about this item so any help would be appreciated. If I'm not posting in the right place it would be much appreciated if a moderator would move it.

Thanks, Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?   Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?  

Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?   Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?  

Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?   Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?
    P
    Many

I apologize for the photos being side ways I'm on my phone and don't know how that happened

The white jacket is something German, but the insignia are incorrect and fake. Sorry.Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?

West Berlin police of early cold war with Ernst Reuter, mayor of West BerlinLeibstandarte Jacket Summer?Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-16-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks for your response. It was cheap and came in a big lot of stuff to no worries. Any idea if the jacket is WWII German what branch?

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    Thanks for your response. It was cheap and came in a big lot of stuff to no worries. Any idea if the jacket is WWII German what branch?
    I think it is post 1945, and, as I indicated, police of the FRG or West Berlin, but I do not honestly know. It is a well made garment.
    FRG police things were had as early as the 1970s in US surplus stores. I know, since I still have an overcoat from the 1950s I bought circa 1971.

Thanks Friedrich you are very helpful and knowledgeable. I really appreciate it.

I agree with FB. Post war jacket with poor reproduction insignia and a fantasy cuff title Ugh!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

One issue is the firm that made this jacket, and their disposition in the III. Reich.

I have the RZM handbook, but I am not going to look up this firm.

The locale is in Berlin-Kreuzberg, I think, near the Cottbuser Tor. From what Google images indicates, no such tailor or such exists there today.

I also own a Berlin telephone book of the epoch, i.e. 1941, but I will let someone else carry the burden here.

I include a garment of or not of this firm, ca. pre 1945, at Magazinstrasse, which was after 1945 in what became East Berlin....

Happy white coats. Until the men with the white coats arrive, and nowadays, I wonder where they are....???Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?Leibstandarte Jacket Summer?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-16-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks for your response Mr.coleman. I got enough US WWII gear out of the deal so I still came out okay with that.