Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little help with a sleeve diamond please

Article about: I bought this a couple weeks back knowing that it was an allgemeine sleeve diamond. When i brought it home i couldnt find anything like it on the net or any of my books. So my questions is,

?

Default A little help with a sleeve diamond please

I bought this a couple weeks back knowing that it was an allgemeine sleeve diamond. When i brought it home i couldnt find anything like it on the net or any of my books. So my questions is, is it that rare or just a fantasy piece. Thanks for you time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help with a sleeve diamond please   A little help with a sleeve diamond please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little help with a sleeve diamond please
    P
    Many

It is a RKFDV or Reichskommissariat für die Festigung deutschen Volkstums raute (trade patch) worn by the SS. I would take it back if at all possible. The execution of the design and makeup of the buckram--which displays characteristics of the infamous "Pakistan fake"--are quite telling.
    A little help with a sleeve diamond pleaseA little help with a sleeve diamond pleaseA little help with a sleeve diamond pleaseA little help with a sleeve diamond please

?

Aha! Alright then. Thanks for the info. I take it that if this was the real deal it would be considerably rare?

Also, though I believe its predecessor, the Hauptamt Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle, did fall under the control of the Allgemeine-SS for a short period at some point, by the time this raute was instituted in 1942 the RKFDV already existed which was only apart of the SS-Main Office. Due to such, the raute in question wouldn't have anything to do with the Allgemeine-SS....albeit my recollection of the historical timeframe and events are accurate. Others will come along that can assist you better than myself in means to who controlled what, when and how soon enough I'm sure.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 10-31-2015 at 05:51 AM.

Quote by akmo View Post
    Aha! Alright then. Thanks for the info. I take it that if this was the real deal it would be considerably rare?
    You're welcome. To answer your next question, somewhat....it's production was obviously shorter than many of the others, but examples do exist.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 10-31-2015 at 05:43 AM.

In case you're wondering, the RKFDV foremost duties were to "plan, initiate, and control the pace of germanisation, settlement and population transfer projects in the [Eastern territories]." i.e: Poland and Russia. The structure and roles of the SS can be quite confusing to me and one must be careful not to confuse one organization with another...such as the above and the Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamts (race and resettlement).

?

Well alright gentlemen. I really appreciate your assistance with this one. Every so often i get confounded with this junk. Always a pleasure to learn something new

Quote by akmo View Post
    Well alright gentlemen. I really appreciate your assistance with this one. Every so often i get confounded with this junk. Always a pleasure to learn something new
    You're welcome once again. I'm sorry for the bad news....hopefully the lesson didn't cost you too much.

?

Would any members have an original example of this raute or an image of an original, tks.. Paul

Quote by huzzar View Post
    Would any members have an original example of this raute or an image of an original, tks.. Paul
    I would like to note that IMO originals ( like the Raute für Volksdeutschenmittelstelle too ) of these insignia were produced in white only .
    The commonly encountered bullion versions I have seen sofar , I believe to be reproductions of this popular design ( yes , that includes Angolia ) . Personally I know of only one other version in white , and that one I believe to be a rare original too .
    Probably both are unworn Dachau items , of which simply not many were found .
    But I am eager to learn more - and would very much like to see a period picture of one in wear .
    Happy New Year to everyone .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help with a sleeve diamond please   A little help with a sleeve diamond please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast