Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to buy SS insigna

Article about: Greetings, i am new to this forum and i simply want to ask where i can buy SS colar tabs(prefferbly Wiking division) that are defenetly real in order to sew it on a allgemeine SS repro jacke

?

Default Looking to buy SS insigna

Greetings, i am new to this forum and i simply want to ask where i can buy SS colar tabs(prefferbly Wiking division) that are defenetly real in order to sew it on a allgemeine SS repro jacket.

Any trustworthy websites you guys can point me to?

Regards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking to buy SS insigna
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum check this website they have a good reputation and many forum members deal here or have dealt here in the past .
    ( The Collector's Guild )

Regards Mark K

Hello and Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with anything insignia related to the SS, but I think you might want to prepare for the questions to follow on why you would want to sew period tabs on a repro tunic.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    why you would want to sew period tabs on a repro tunic.
    Hello Fasistinn and welcome to the forum,

The first question that comes to mind, why, why why would you want to do this? If you are happy with a repro tunic why the feck do you want to put expensive & fragile original collar tabs on it? I can see no reason that a sane person would do this, sorry if that comes over as rude, but there it is.

If you have a repro tunic stick some repro tabs on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jan
    ?

Welcome to the forum!

I´m assuming this must be some kind of a strange/bad joke starting with the "Fasistinn" nickname. No one would ever do that kind of thing!

Best,

Jan

Welcome to the Forum. Wiking was a Waffen SS unit, not an Allgemeine unit. Therefore, you would not be creating a historically correct tunic. If you are referring to a black tunic as an "Allgemeine SS" tunic, then you are using incorrect terminology. The black tunic was worn by all branches of the SS pre-war as the dress uniform of the SS. As the black uniform was seldom worn during the war, it is not likely a black Wiking tunic ever existed. I also must agree with my colleagues that an original period set of Wiking collar tabs should not be ever mounted on a reproduction uniform as good reproductions are available at a very reasonable price in comparison to the genuine article.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Jan View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I´m assuming this must be some kind of a strange/bad joke starting with the "Fasistinn" nickname. No one would ever do that kind of thing!

Best,

Jan
    I think that Jan is quite correct as we seem to be responding to a new member who has deliberately chosen the forum name of "Fascist" (in Scandinavian I think). A Moderators decision of course, although I for one think that this Nome de Plume is quite unacceptable and reflects badly on the forum.

If I have the translation wrong, my apologies to the new member.

Regards,

David

David-
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Jan
    ?

The nick "Fasistinn" translates to fasisti or the fascist (from estoninan or finnish) with the added initials nn

Best,

Jan

I google translated it from Icelandic and it refers to a phase erectile, or erectile phase so a crude sexual reference to a hard on? Still a user name that is probably not appropriate. Though translated from Finish it is Fascist, either way not a good name and maybe an early bath for this member.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast