Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Looking for info on early SS photo

Article about: Hello all. I'm new here. Could anyone tell me what time period this photo would of been taken based on the uniform and the rank of the SS soldier. Thanks very much!

[QUOTE=d'alquen;1178780]The number and quality of replies are testament to the continuing willingness of collectors to share. "

A very fine sentiment, indeed.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-25-2014 at 09:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for info on early SS photo
    P
    Many

Here is the rest of the picture guys. It took me some time to get a new scanner and clean up the image. I'd appreciate more feedback if you have any. I have this photo posted elsewhere on the forum because I was asking about the SS pennant. Someone mentioned that they thought the second man from the right looked like Reinhard Heydrich. Is that possible? Thanks!

Looking for info on early SS photoLooking for info on early SS photo
    Last edited by yarmouth; 05-10-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Terrific shot. I think the same about the Heydrich possibility... and wonder too is it feasible?

Looking for info on early SS photoLooking for info on early SS photoMore data to levy against the hypothesis with this image.

If I read this above properly, then the personage was a Standartenfuehrer more or less at the time the black tunic was introduced, and the image above shows him in such a tunic in March, 1933.

Thanks FB. What do you think about the photo overall? Any idea what the pennant would say?

Quote by yarmouth View Post
    Thanks FB. What do you think about the photo overall? Any idea what the pennant would say?
    A very nice image which others can better deconstruct than I. However, I do not think the personage is Heydrich.
    I do not know what the pennant says, either.
    These photos retain their riddles, enigmas, etc. and it is all part of the experience.
    One can say, though, that the picture is not from 1942.
    The Axis history forum has some very skilled picture readers there, though I am not always sure of their being so sure...
    I have been looking at these things professionally for at least forty years.

None of my betters ever did offer some guidelines of how a beginner can decipher such an image.

I do note in passing....

to view such documents..during that period other than Heydrich..is quite frightening..of the implications to follow. First I have seen of this photo..of Heydrich..and the document. Thankyou for this continued education. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    to view such documents..during that period other than Heydrich..is quite frightening..of the implications to follow. First I have seen of this photo..of Heydrich..and the document. Thankyou for this continued education. Regards Larry
    The Heydrich Stammrollenkarte is very modest, and belies reality. He apparently spoke or understood English, which is not surprising for his having been a naval officer.
    The photo from 1933 is or is not from his personnel file.

- - ------- - -

Thank you, Larry, for enabling me to work here, and your stewardship and that of your colleagues is of benefit to us all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast