Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Looking for info on early SS photo

Article about: Hello all. I'm new here. Could anyone tell me what time period this photo would of been taken based on the uniform and the rank of the SS soldier. Thanks very much!

Yarmouth,
    Is it possible to ascertain what the collar patch number is in your original photograph ?
    d'Alquen
    Attached Images Attached Images Looking for info on early SS photo 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for info on early SS photo
    P
    Many

It looks like 12. Where does that put these men at? Thank you!

Looking for info on early SS photo

The 12th SS-Standarte ("Niedersachsen") was headquartered at Hannover, except for a period in 1932 when its headquarters were at Braunschweig.

It was a part of SS-Abschnitt IV, which in turn was part of SS-Oberabschnitt Miite.

After several moves, the final headquarters address of the 12. SS-Standarte as well as SS-Abschnitt IV as per a 1937 SS address directory was at the Horst-Wessel-Platz 2, Hannover. (The pre- and post-Third Reich name of this square is Königsworther Platz.)

For more data, see: 12.SS-Standarte - Einheiten der Allgemeinen SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

Thank you for posting the close-up. There was a slight possibility that your photo might have shown Heydrich in the very brief period when he was an SS-Mann with the Hamburg regiment but the collar patch precludes this.
    As for the pennant, I would suspect that it indicates that your picture shows a signals group. The initials below the runes probably stand for 'Nachrichten-Zentrale'.
    d'Alquen

Is it possible that Heydrich was in Hamburg briefly as Hanover is close? The fellow in question in the photo has no collar patches. These would of been temporary postings until he was set up in Munich for his fulltime occupation in the Brown House? He was hired by Himmler in 1931 and then started his intelligence work in August 1931 in Munich. Anybody have a good working Ouija board and can ask Heydrich himself beyond the grave? Am I driving you guys crazy yet with my questions lol?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Thank you for posting the close-up. There was a slight possibility that your photo might have shown Heydrich in the very brief period when he was an SS-Mann with the Hamburg regiment but the collar patch precludes this.
    As for the pennant, I would suspect that it indicates that your picture shows a signals group. The initials below the runes probably stand for 'Nachrichten-Zentrale'.
    d'Alquen
    And yes, yet another pesky question lol...Would it make sense that if indeed this was a Signals group(communication)that Heydrich would of been attached to it temporarily and unofficially until his permanent intelligence posting in Munich?

While I celebrate questions, I think that Mr. d'Alquen has disposed of the Heydrich in Hannover hypothesis. He joined the SS in the summer of 1931, and got his officer rank within a month, if the Stammrollenkarte is correct.
    The presence of the black uniform makes this image later, unless someone wants to suggest that the peaked cap and the black tunic emerged earlier....?

The earliest image of Heydrich in an SS uniform of which I am aware is from some commander's conference in the Braunes Haus ca. 1932 with Himmler and his paladins on a stair case, in which Heydrich is a couple of rows back in a black uniform. I do not follow this issue as closely as some. In the Ulrich of Marvel picture book, the first image of him in an SS uniform is later than 1931, and, actually, later than 1932, if memory serves.
    Others here are more expert in this aspect than am I.

Looking for info on early SS photoHeydrich in a black uniform.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4