Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften

Article about: Hallo! I am totally new to this forum and this is my very first thread and a kind request. Currently I am working on a short study about the SS Totenkopf for my university in germany. I try

?

WOW, thank you Friedrich-Berthold for your intruduction. I think that I'll have to find the excerpts which were made by Wim and Mr. d'Alquen (Herstellungsvorschriften).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This site contains knowledge about the past, but wholly rejects the political aims
    which are undergoing a renaissance at the moment. We do not support the latter at all.
    I am glad to read this. My work is strictly NOT political motivated.

Thanks. There is a lot of material in this thread.

Muetzenfabrik

If you are in Germany, as I infer, then there are some interesting scholars who have begun to work on the real history of uniforms in the III. Reich.
    You should also get in touch with the military museum in Dresden, and ask the staff there for help. There are very fine people working there and their
    job is to support good scholarship on the topic. The military museum in Vienna is also very good, too, and displays this material.
    We have the most of which I am aware, but our staff, such as it is voluntary and the organization of this site is not very easy to master.

The military museum in Ingolstadt is also excellent, but I am not sure if they have NS uniforms. They must, I think. The staff there is also
    excellent and they publish a lot of great merit.

The illustrated works from Rest Militaria Verlag in Vienna are the very best works, besides those of Wim, on German uniforms of any kind.

They are more or less catalogs of the Ingolstadt museum, but they describe the process of the clothing economy of the German army,
    which was to some degree the model for the SS.

Quote by shell2 View Post
    WOW, thank you Friedrich-Berthold for your intruduction. I think that I'll have to find the excerpts which were made by Wim and Mr. d'Alquen (Herstellungsvorschriften).
    You can also ask us questions, but we cannot write your paper for you, of course. You have to do that.

It is a pretty complicated topic, actually.

Mr. d'Alquen has given us examples of how insignia was conceived and then executed in the bureaucratic process, which was intensely bureaucratic and not really easy to comprehend unless you have spent a long time with the material and the details.

I have collected this stuff for more than fifty years and am a professional historian. I do historical research for a living and teach others how to do it, as well.

?

Yes I am in germany and very interested in the "whole history" of these uniforms and not "only" into the description of them.
    I just found your advice on Mollo via archive.org: https://ia601300.us.archive.org/10/i...e1933-1945.pdf

Quote by shell2 View Post
    Yes I am in germany and very interested in the "whole history" of these uniforms and not "only" into the description of them.
    I just found your advice on Mollo via archive.org: https://ia601300.us.archive.org/10/i...e1933-1945.pdf
    You also need volume 1 to go with vol. 4. As I say, you can have all the pictures from my collection you so desire and ask us questions. There is a handful
    of people here who know more than the average.

The uniform is a very interesting aspect of life and politics in Europe in the 20th century. The catalog from the exhibition at the Wewelsburg in Lower Saxony
    is also a very good source, as is the catalog on the exhibition done in the Deutsches Museum/Zeughaus in Berlin in 2010 on Hitler in everyday life in
    Germany is also excellent. There are now also very good museums about all of this in Munich, Nuremberg, Cologne, and, of course, in Berlin.

I eventually want my collection to go somewhere where it can be used for research of this kind. I own quite a bit of this stuff, and we have collected a lot of
    the digital material related to the uniform on this site, but it is not well organized.

Good luck.

?

I am very thankful for the information you share with me. It is exactly the bureaucratic process which I am interested in. It would be enlightning to see some of the papers in which the use of the Totenkopf, it's design and production (and so on) is discussed or decided. I try to get to know how to handle the systematic of this forum and how to find the data I am looking for, in case it exists. But for sure I have to find an non-digital archive.

Did you ever thought about donating your collection to a museum or concentration camp memorial site?

Here is what you want at Euros 40

RZM-HERSTELLUNGSVORSCHRIFTEN - ZVAB

I own this 1936 edition, of which, I think there was a later one, too.

It is one source, but, as I say, it does not contain much about the SS.

Since the SS was a security organization, a lot about its uniform was not made as widely known as in the case of the other branches of the NSDAP.

?

Surprisingly I just found a copy in another library and it will be send to me in a few days.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast