Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften

Article about: Hallo! I am totally new to this forum and this is my very first thread and a kind request. Currently I am working on a short study about the SS Totenkopf for my university in germany. I try

Quote by shell2 View Post
    I am very thankful for the information you share with me. It is exactly the bureaucratic process which I am interested in. It would be enlightning to see some of the papers in which the use of the Totenkopf, it's design and production (and so on) is discussed or decided. I try to get to know how to handle the systematic of this forum and how to find the data I am looking for, in case it exists. But for sure I have to find an non-digital archive.

Did you ever thought about donating your collection to a museum or concentration camp memorial site?

I am working on a plan to pass my things to a suitable place so people like you can use it for such research.

For instance, in 1933 and 1934, the change was made from the Danziger cap badge to the Deschler/Assmann style of Totnekopf cap badge,
    but there is almost no official documents on this transition. Wim has analyzed it in his books, but I have seen no correspondence on this transition.
    What we did find was the process whereby the 1927/9 SS cap Hoheitszeichen was replaced by the 1935/6 second model badge.

If you can get to the Bundesarchiv, you want the files of the Verwaltungsamt SS, as well as the relevant parts of the Persoenlicher Stab, RFSS.

Mr. d'Alquen has worked his way through the microforms of some of these files via the US National Archives. But the originals are now all in Germany,
    but the relevant files are spread out across the cosmos of the SS bureaucracy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften
    P
    Many

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenThere is little mention of how this Danziger badge....

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriftenbecame this Deschler/Assmann badge...

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenWhat there is in the RZM circulars is incessant fussing about persons not following orders and there are constant and berserk changes to insignia, which contemporaries
    cannot understand and which then greatly irritate persons in authority that persons cannot behave in a more pleasing manner.

But the real master of this all is Wim, and he is an exceptionally generous and witty personage, whom we all admire greatly.

Wow, many posts in answer to what was asked in post 1 a few hours ago.

1) the magazines "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" came indeed since 1934 and were published until late 1944. I have not ever heard from issues from 1945.
    With many of them manufacturing information is included. Many of the magazines are loaded with addresses;
    2) the "Handbuch der Reichszeugmeisterei" from 1935 is available on disc for a price about 120,- euro. The disc includes all the (anyway most) addresses,
    plus material from 1938;
    3) the "Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM" from 1936 is just information about uniforms, insignia and equipment for the political organizations;
    3) the "Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM" from 1938 give information as in 1936, but also includes most of the addresses in existance in 1938.

There are various archives in Germany that can help, but they will ask money for copies. So, you need money anyway!

?

Yes, the Bundesarchiv is already on my list to visit. Your phrase "There is little mention of how this Danziger badge.... became this Deschler/Assmann badge..." contains excatly the core of my question: Where did the Totenkopf came from in this particular form (not to speak about the Husaren at the moment). Who took part in the transformation and why was there a redesign? For now I refuse to accept that there will not be so many documents left to answer this... ;-)

Quote by shell2 View Post
    Yes, the Bundesarchiv is already on my list to visit. Your phrase "There is little mention of how this Danziger badge.... became this Deschler/Assmann badge..." contains excatly the core of my question: Where did the Totenkopf came from in this particular form (not to speak about the Husaren at the moment). Who took part in the transformation and why was there a redesign? For now I refuse to accept that there will not be so many documents left to answer this... ;-)
    Well, you will find out later how it went, but what you mention, you will not find in the sources from the RZM
    (transformation, redesign or whatever). You have to look for other sources for you answers.

Here two small parts from some of my books:

The last time I bought copies from the Bundesarchiv, this was done by Selke Archivdienste in 2013.
    You have to agree and order from them (anyway in those days. How it is done currently, I do not know).
    Price for a copy (Papierreproduktionen) was 0,36 euro; further they did rate for "Bearbeitung" and of
    course when it needs to be send postage (I paid for "Verpackung" and "Einschreibegebühren"). And so
    for just 31 copies I had to pay 25,34 euro. This does give you an idea!!

?

Ok. Ok. I am nearly convinced

Do you have any suggestions for me? Maybe I should get in touch with someome who holds the estate of a former manufacturer?

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast