Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with dagger

Article about: With the recent purchase of an SS Dagger, I would like to add some insignia with the intention of creating a nice accurate grouping display. I'm looking for suggestions for insignia which wo

Default Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with dagger

With the recent purchase of an SS Dagger, I would like to add some insignia with the intention of creating a nice accurate grouping display. I'm looking for suggestions for insignia which would be consistent with an early period dagger. Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with dagger
    P
    Many

Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerFor a dagger, you need the cap and the tunic, of course!

I'd get a nice early set of collar tabs, a hanger, and an armband.

Do kindly show us your dagger, for the meaning of the word "early" is actually meaningless here, as each one of us assigns it a different meaning.
    See my things above as evidence.

Here are some photos of the dagger I'd like to match some insignia to. Cap and uniform would be nice but probably beyond my means at this time. Appreciate your suggestions.

Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with daggerLooking for SS grouping suggestions for display with dagger

Very nice dagger. I am not really at home with the date that the maker's marks vanished and the license numbers took over.
    One of you dagger people will tell me, but the trade marks generally were to vanish ca. 1935. Of course, the SS man wore the dagger beyond said date so that your ancillary objects hardly need to be made at the same time as the dagger.

Very nice item and good luck in your collecting.

Cheapest SS items would probably be a SS sport shirt insignia or a stickpin, both can be had for around 300.

For display purposes , definitely the woolen Kampfbinde , perhaps a nice early nickle EM buckle .
    And the SS sport shirt insignia - well , that displays well with almost anything ..

Picture by HDMarley ;

- - ------- - -

Picture by Zozole ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with dagger   Looking for SS grouping suggestions for display with dagger  

Thanks for the ideas everyone. The search begins.

Absolutely, a nice vertical hanger is needed, along with, perhaps, an SS Armband, a Deschler style cap skull, a bullion SS runes officer's collar tab, maybe a nice belt buckle(EM or enlisted-they both are impressive) also a nice early enamel Party badge would top it off nice.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast