Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Looking at this? White summer tunic.

Article about: Hello I ran across this last weekend, the seller said it just came out of a vets locker. He has it for sale what do you think? Thanks Curt

Default Re: Looking at this? White summer tunic.

Just wondering seller asking 3,000 USD,POUNDS,EUROS? That tunic is very rare to say the least and if it is 100% good it would sell as another member stated for an easy $10,000 and even $15,000.Be careful with this piece as the old it came from a vet or its out of the woodwork which is a term the big dealers use AKA Gottlieb is used for bait!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking at this? White summer tunic.
    P
    Many

yes, i'd be extraordinarily careful. but i'd also be lightning fast.

because if this thing is authentic, it has a high, high probability of disappearing on you or experiencing a sudden and massive price shift.

i don't know why the guy would be sitting on something like this with such an immensely inappropriate price attached. either someone else will come along and make a much better offer, or they'll educate him, or he'll figure out how to Google.

if we are quoting dollars here, the guy is basically handing you $12,000-$17,000 and i'd have my hand out pretty damn fast. but before that, i'd have every picture up here the experts need and pronto.

I would if i was him post closeups of the Gruppenfuhrer tabs.Also the cufftitle and if this piece is still not sold soon,beware!!

Hi
    Well, I do not know is this tunic good or not, but bare in mind a lot of vets ( like these I met ) didn't know what they really had.
    I knew a veteran, who had SS grey tunic panzer like - wrapper, trousers and a visor.
    He sold them for 500 EUR about 5 years ago. He was an old guy, living in his villige and he told me he knows nothing about today's big cities.
    He knows nothing about internet. He is just not even slightly interested.
    His childs were already grown up, living in big cities, have their own childs.
    This veteran told me that his son ( 60 years old man ) was not interested in his father's past and when the veteran wanted to tell a story about the war, his son normally was telling his father to speak about something else.
    That is why this veteran never told his son he has items from the war.
    And an year before he died, he sold them without knowing their value.
    He sold them to be sure someone will take care of his grave.
    Isn't that sad?
    I met this man, he told me a great stories about his combats, but i was unable to take any item from him as he gave them away already.
    Also, In Germany, i was siting in the center of Dresden and i was listening to a street band of 40 - 50 years old guys and they were dressed in German ww1 repro tunics, they were singing for Volga river.
    Then, an old guy came and set near me. He was for sure a veteran. He was with his wife. He was watching the singers from the band, about 40 - 50 years yonger than him and he just smilled.
    Then he said to himself "Volga...Volga"
    Got it guys - he was on Volga in 1942, while this guys form the band new nothing about the reality near the river during the war.
    The band sang just for money from the citizens, while the veteran was watching them with a big smile.
    I know German so I asked him - are you a veteran , who fought in the Osten front.
    He said yes. I asked for details, but he didn't want to talk about it.
    Then, believe me or not, but another veteran came. He just looked at the other veteran. They didn't need to speak one to each other. They just smilled. And they knew that the other guy is a veteran as well.
    The man, sitting near me just asked the other which part of the army he searved in. The other guy replied - Luftwaffe artilery near Dresden, protecting one of the biggest airports in Dresden, from where most of Luftwaffe powers attacked Poland.
    And both of these guys was just siting ang watching at the street band.

I'm telling you this story just to let you know, that most of the veterans don't know the value of their own items.
    I have a freiend whos grandfather was a part of hitlerjugend and he told me that when his grandfather died in the 80s , his grandma just gave all of his items ( uniform , belt, flags ) to the first one who was interested on a garage sell.
    the grandma kept only the pictures of her man while he was a child.

So hope you found a good tunic.
    Again - i told this stories to let you know that the vets don't know the value of their items.
    I'm lucky to know some still alive veterans.
    Their passion, their story, their said reality made me interested in german ww2.
    Said reality i mean that noone respect these gents on the streets.

Cheers

George

And here is one more :
    I have some so called "agents". They are aware what I'm interested in and because they travel a lot because of their job ( building hauses ) in the cties and smaller towns, they meat a lot of people.
    They told me of a veteran, who had full black SS tunic with dagger and visor.
    I really wanted to take it - the veteran asked for 1000 EUR for everything. They found this veteran in a small town, where the son of this veteran wanted to destroy his father's small hause and build bigger one on 2 floors.
    Well - i missed that one, because someone took it before me

?

Im hoping for better pics of the tunic in the op.

3000 what?

i don't think this is a vet selling. judging by the way it is cased and what is visible at the margins of the photos, this is a dealer. what kind i can not say, but this is a dealer. antiques? militaria? perhaps the op will let us know.

at any rate, a dealer i would pay what they ask for an authentic piece. an elderly veteran? i'd pay what it is worth.

?

Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Heres more pics Thanks Curt

?

I'd like to see even clearer pics of the cufftitle that show the weave of the band, but the rest of the insignia looks OK. Any labels or markings inside? Anyway, the asking price of the tunic is exceeded by the value of the tabs and eagle alone, so buy it!

?

Is in my house now, the pics were with my cell phone. I will post more tonight, there are no tags inside I havent looked really hard yet i just picked it up. I also got the IKE jacket from the US soldier that captured it, and a german visor cap but its not in good shape. Thanks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast