Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Looking at this? White summer tunic.

Article about: Hello I ran across this last weekend, the seller said it just came out of a vets locker. He has it for sale what do you think? Thanks Curt

Default Re: Looking at this? White summer tunic.

I'm hoping this tunic is good. It's nice to see great items come out of the wood work.

How does this cuff title compare to the one on The Collectors Guild site?

The Collector's Guild

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking at this? White summer tunic.
    P
    Many

as it concerns the over all tunic as an original and the components as coming together with it as an original piece, it's gonna take some higher powered members in this area of complete uniforms than myself, but to my eye the tabs and sleeve eagle are both good and together they are worth what you paid for everything and perhaps then some.

i will be looking forward to what some of the resident experts in complete SS ensembles have to say when the inevitably weigh in.

I certainly like what has been posted. It is exciting to see something appear of quality. Black wound badges and 2nd class KVK's do get tiring after a while. The man was in the 45th Division. The visor cap is from Land Customs. Nice score1
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Nice catch!! Very jealous, if you ever want to sell it i could double your money just kidding but still a nice catch nonetheless!

All the best,
    Stefan

Nice find I like the look of the white tunics

Awesome find! The 45th Division was known for the massacre of SS camp guards at Dachau, as well as the fact that before the war, their insignia was a swastika! They changed this to an eagle for obvious reasons...

I have been following this thread with interest. Well done!

I can help on the Ike jacket. Your man was with the US 2nd Chemical Mortar Battl. See this site for further detailed info:

2nd Chemical Mortar Bn

As you will see, they were attatched to various divisions, including the 45th Inf Div, hence the wear of their shoulder sleeve insignia on the right arm, showing service with them in combat.

The Zoll cap is well worth having restored.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Men of the 45th Division did not massacre SS Camp Guards @ Dachau KL (actually this took place in the SS-Ubungslager at the north end of the huge SS Complex, they were shot against the wall of the coal yard ),- the SS soldiers shot were Waffen-SS troops, some in camouflage uniforms, sent to the Complex to surrender the Camp to the 1st US Army unit to reach the place. The regular Camp Guards had fled on the 28th along with the Commander of the place, Martin Gottfried Weiss.

I would really prefer that this thread does not go off at a tangent about the shooting of the SS at Dachau. The GI who wore the Ike jacket and liberated the tunic was NOT even there.

It is rare we get something of such quality come up, let's keep it about the tunic please. Thanks Gents.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast