Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.

Article about: This cap appeared on another discussion site and is a Lubstein Sonderanfertigung cap with a grey liner of late manufacture. Our purpose here is to bring interesting material to a readership

Default Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.

This cap appeared on another discussion site and is a Lubstein Sonderanfertigung cap with a grey liner of late manufacture. Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make. Our purpose here is to bring interesting material to a readership who can appreciate it and enhance the value of this item, of sensible collectors and all items where ever they might be and deserve security from the capricious attrition that unfolds when misinformed or malicious persons assault good material.
    This is a rare cap and while not in perfect shape, it has historical interest for the inquiry that resides here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-19-2013 at 08:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.

I had heretofore only seen this species of Sonderanfertigung cap from the Fa. F. Weissbach in Sachsen.

Thanks again FB. An interesting visor, that provides further threads in this tapestry. For me, this is a very timely piece of information as I was very recently making some enquiry as the the identity of "81". Is this maker regarded as unusual or unique in any particular way that you know of? Regards. Paul

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Thanks again FB. An interesting visor, that provides further threads in this tapestry. For me, this is a very timely piece of information as I was very recently making some enquiry as the the identity of "81". Is this maker regarded as unusual or unique in any particular way that you know of? Regards. Paul
    Lubstein is better known to most as Erel, of course. What is unusual is this cap has a grey or silver lining, whereas the earlier ones were generally custard or yellowish colored satin or rayon.

wonder which time frame this style fits in, original for sure but I was never in the taste of them.
    Even hard to find anyhow.

?

Yes, a rare variation that makes one wonder how Erel earned its reputation for craftsmanship and quality! A friend of mine has one just like this but for an officer, which is the only one I've seen...

Quote by Arran View Post
    Yes, a rare variation that makes one wonder how Erel earned its reputation for craftsmanship and quality! A friend of mine has one just like this but for an officer, which is the only one I've seen...
    Thank you.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Robert H View Post
    wonder which time frame this style fits in, original for sure but I was never in the taste of them.
    Even hard to find anyhow.
    I believe this cap was among the last black caps made.

Quote by Arran View Post
    The Lubstein black enlisted SS caps are not made in the manner of the Sonderklasse army caps, or grey SS officer caps.

Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.This is a Weissbach of Glachau/Sachsen variant of this type of Sonderanfertigung. This photo courtesy of Bruce Herman. Certain savants declaim this kind of cap to be a fake, which reflects rather poorly on their understanding of the material. In fact, such black caps were made through 1940, apparently, and then never issued or sold. The UM adverts of the mid war period refer to these caps expressly, if one looks closely. Moreover, photos of shop windows illustrate them, as well. I enclose the price list entries from 1934 and 1939 which describe this type of cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-19-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.Here is a wartime advert from Uniformenmarkt revealing the unsold black SS cap in stock.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-26-2013 at 01:46 AM.