Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?

Article about: Dear fellow members, What are your thoughts on this metallic skull with “M1/25” stamp? I have tried to get pictures from different angles and also added pictures of a (relatively high-qualit

Default M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?

Dear fellow members,
    What are your thoughts on this metallic skull with “M1/25” stamp?
    I have tried to get pictures from different angles and also added pictures of a (relatively high-quality) repro that I have bought online in the UK, to help the comparison. Both skulls look pretty similar when it comes to the form but the one I am asking about seems to have some residues from pressing around the eye cavities. It is also a bit dirty, as well as the prongs. One thing to note is that the prongs are not broken but seem to have some (white-ish) paper residues and, weirdly perhaps, it appears that the skull smells of gunpowder (?).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?   M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?  

M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?   M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?  

M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?   M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1/25 skull - what are your thoughts please?
    P
    Many

Danziger totenkopf's marked M1/25 are I believe unfortunately fakes,Regards,Paul

I would agree.

I have a real Danziger in the classified ads..
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

indeed fakes, the only marked early type ist the Steinhauer & Lück skull

Thanks for the feedbacks!

?

this would be the only marking it should have, unless it's an early unmarked version

Last edited by Aldo; 02-07-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks a lot Aldo! Very detailed view.