Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M43

Article about: Now thats over, the reason I created this thread was to address the reasoning of the different thread color. If you look closely, the runic tab seems to be stitched with a somewhat white /gr

Default M43

I had this tunic and was about to purchase it before I saw the other. What gave me cold feet was the fact the collar tab stitching had different colors. Fading? Maybe just the runic tab was removed due to denazification after the war, and that single tab was reapplied post war? Thanks for any opinions,
    M43M43M43M43M43M43M43

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43

eagle fake, rune tab needs a close up.
    can't comment eighter the tunic, need pictures.

Quote by Mauro C View Post
    eagle fake, rune tab needs a close up.
    can't comment eighter the tunic, need pictures.
    Totally agree with Mauro C on this one as the photos are abysmal and it is very hard to tell right from wrong here.

Not a fan of the expression "one looker" but you would be better to look for an example where it is easy or at least easier to distinguish what is actually being offered for sale.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Totally agree with Mauro C on this one as the photos are abysmal and it is very hard to tell right from wrong here.

Not a fan of the expression "one looker" but you would be better to look for an example where it is easy or at least easier to distinguish what is actually being offered for sale.
    Agreed when it comes to the construction. But Marco can you please enlighten me as to why the eagle is a fake, I can't seem to find anything which says it is. Thanks

Here the eagle is in unissued condition.
    M43

[QUOTE=youthcollector1;889204]Here the eagle is in unissued condition.
    M43[/QUOTE not the same eagle ,look at the weave pattern from the head to chest

tabs are fake all so

They look very similar to me, just seems the wear on the first eagle has changed it's appearance some.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    They look very similar to me, just seems the wear on the first eagle has changed it's appearance some.
    yea i had to take a second look , look at the weave were i said its a lot thicker .just looked at the ones in angola book and thats about the only dif i see ,
    the one on the tunic reminds me of the fake coke bottle ones , i will sit on the fence

Perhaps a better reply would be to say that the tunic eagle was "not a known original pattern"

I am sure that it is a copy however and that some of the detail is being obscured by the way that the eagle has been sewn to the sleeve.

I would also recommend that you buy a copy of Insignia and Artifacts of the Waffen SS by (the late) Michael Beaver and Mark Bando as I believe that this would assist you with any insignia issues that you may have.
    The book itself is not cheap but it does have a lot of detailed photos of original insignia and once you get past drooling at the pictures (or is that just me) you should be better able to identify original examples.

Thank you, I have the book already though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast