Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 SS cap insignia

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to have your opinion on this cap embroidered badge. Is it genuine or is it a reproduction? Thank you in advance for your help Best regards Jack

Default M43 SS cap insignia

Hello everyone,
    I would like to have your opinion on this cap embroidered badge. Is it genuine or is it a reproduction?
    Thank you in advance for your help
    Best regards
    Jack

M43 SS cap insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 SS cap insignia
    P
    Many

Can't comment on the authenticity of the insignia, but do you have pictures of this cap as a whole?

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Can't comment on the authenticity of the insignia, but do you have pictures of this cap as a whole?

Currently, I do not have pictures of the cap as a whole, but I could do of course. However, the cap is not in doubt for me. Only the badge that has probably been raised asks me questions. I will make pictures of the cap that I will add to my post.
    Thank you in any case for your interest !
    Regards
    Jack

The insignia is a reproduction.

Hi,
    Thank you for your opinion. Is it 100% sure or is there any doubt ? No one else gave notice yet it would help me !
    Regards
    Jack

Jack,

This is definitely a reproduction. Just looking at the crossbones. No curves on the ends of the bones, just straight lines.... Horrendous...

Smitty

The Totenkopf looks similar to one from Hessian Antiques: SS Enlisted M43 Field cap from Hessen Antique

I can't get a clear on shot of the insignia, but you can see the same type of straight line bone ends..

Hi Smitty,
    Thank you very much for your opinion and especially for the details you mention.
    I am pleased to have your opinion, which will allow me to remove this ugly badge of the original cap.
    Good continuation
    Best regards
    Jack