Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Maroon SS fez

Article about: Here's a fez that I recently picked up from a man who inherited it from a veteran. Everything looks good to me, but i'd love to get some other opinions!

70% of images are after war product in foto studios from negativs
    Maroon SS fez

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maroon SS fez
    P
    Many

I think we are mis-understnading each other.

I thought you were trying to say they were never worn.

Yes, photos do get reprinted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No they are worn. I try to say that hanzar is almost inpossible to find original. in last 10-15 years in bosnia is masproduct stuff related whit hanzar div. sorry if my english is bad.

This one was brought back by a US veteran.

If u say so. i can sell u 50-100 fez like that one.

Quote by prinz eugen View Post
    If u say so. i can sell u 50-100 fez like that one.
    But can you sell one with original insignia, as that is where the value is in these, most get stripped for the insignia, which is a shame IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

These fez were used by a lot of GI's to hold their other Dachau insignia. You should try to find out if he had anything else. He might have a fez size pile of SS eagles, cuffbands and collar tabs.

Insignia is maybe ok but fez? and to me that is not a good fez. Yes i can buy original insignia and put them on fez. is that a original fez to u?

Hello PE-
    You are basing your decisions on what is available to you in Croatia. In The USA, the unissued Dachau fez was a common souvenir of 45th Division soldiers wwho got in to the storerooms at Dachau. I have even encountered a couple of veterans who actually brought back groups of fezes that were still tied together in a stack. Kirby is correct that many soldiers used the fez as holding vehicles for the collar tabs, cufftitles and misc. SS insignia also ofund in the same buildings. The Handschar fez is a fairly common item here.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob Coleman is quite right. I have seen these items, as well. The headwear here is completely real.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast