Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Max Sella, Div. Totenkopf

Article about: Another one of Max Seela and his famous goatee beard !!!

?

Default Re: Max Sella, Div. Totenkopf

Another one of Max Seela and his famous goatee beard !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Max Sella, Div. Totenkopf  
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max Sella, Div. Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Hi Peter, thank you very much for those additional photos and background info on Seela. I never knew he was such an early member.

Hi Anders & Paul, thanks too, yes they are the more typical photos of him that I remember.

I would love to own that piped feldmutze he wear in the pic posted by Paul. What a superb and non regulation cap.

Cheers, Ade.

This image of him with the fashionable and civilized goatee I know from elsewhere. There he does not look the Nazi fanatic. Thanks to Peter J for the vital details of his early SA/SS biography, and he was not a man of the first hour with Eicke's Mordbuben. I wonder what his professional background had been, that is, in the civilian world, such that he was in a technical unit?

Thanks to all for their worthwhile additions here. It is my consummate failing not have memorized the biographies of the SS Ritterkreuztraeger, but spending so much time with real men and women at arms as I do, this thing interests me less than the early biographies of just such men from say 1929 until 1940 or so.

And we all hope that colleague Peter will share more from his treasure trove with our eager band of seekers here.

?

Seela was trained as a carpenter, but later simply referred to himself as an SS Fuehrer.
    Peter.

Danke vielmals.

Peter,
    I have Seela's SS number as 257 323.
    D.

?

>the expression in the eyes mirrors the destruction and carnage of the eastern front, surely. How could it have been otherwise?<

it's just as you say, FB. looks like an East Balt, nie? Or, maybe someone whose career path was a bit different: folkie paul stookey? (See Pic)

(and ade, how unusual was it for "goats" to be worn in the IIId reich. outside of the KM I've seen very very few beards...)

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think he rather looks like Eichmann, in fact. But you notice with all of the Rittekreuztraeger photos of SS men in the years 1942 and 1943, they look quite different than in the years before. The photos themselves are not as good; and the expression in the eyes mirrors the destruction and carnage of the eastern front, surely. How could it have been otherwise?
    Attached Images Attached Images Max Sella, Div. Totenkopf 

?

if you see what I mean....

Quote by vady View Post
    >the expression in the eyes mirrors the destruction and carnage of the eastern front, surely. How could it have been otherwise?<

it's just as you say, FB. looks like an East Balt, nie? Or, maybe someone whose career path was a bit different: folkie paul stookey? (See Pic)

(and ade, how unusual was it for "goats" to be worn in the IIId reich. outside of the KM I've seen very very few beards...)
    Attached Images Attached Images Max Sella, Div. Totenkopf 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2