Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

May 1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann & Dachau and....

Article about: The on line finding aid of the Bundesarchiv in Berlin/Koblenz has an excellent Bauer photo file of the spring 1936 visit by Hess with Himmler to Munich area SS bases in their variety. Here a

Default May 1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann & Dachau and....

May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....The on line finding aid of the Bundesarchiv in Berlin/Koblenz has an excellent Bauer photo file of the spring 1936 visit by Hess with Himmler to Munich area SS bases in their variety.
    Here are some images, some of which are known. There are many photos of varied quality, but of high interest as concerns the growth of the SSTV and SSVT at said moment. May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....
    P
    Many

Default Re: May 1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann & Dachau and....

This file of photos can well be compared to the large file of Mauthausen photos of the proud owners, as well as those taken in the General Gouvernement in later years. I have never seen these all as a group, and the impression of the dozens of images, which I have willfully arranged a few here, is considerable and interesting.

?

Thank you F-B for showing these photos. The Bundesarchiv is a real treasure. The Bauer photos are very nice and if you have sharp eyes there are bits of interesting insignia.
    May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....
    Last edited by jHAM; 06-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thank you for the further images and kind aid.

Terrific photos, thanks for taking the time to post them.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you for the further images and kind aid.
    I hoped you would approve. My thanks to you for sharing and elevating the on going conversation beyond babytalk. The Bauer photos of 1936 are also interesting when compared to the earlier 1933 photo set taken at Dachau. Especially as concerns the insignia and uniform of the SS TV.
    May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....
    Last edited by jHAM; 06-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thank you for the addendum. Bauer seems to have spent lots of time at Dachau. The 1936 file is quite remarkable and those who know about the lay out of the Dachau camps (i.e. Uebungslager, Wirtschaftslager, and the KL) can perhaps identify things here, as well as whatever troop training area is in use. I know where the barracks stands or stood in Muenchen Freimann, since I always drove by said locale on my way downtown.....
    In any case, we are the nemesis of baby talk as a means to decipher the riddles of the past and celebrate a circle of learned souls here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-17-2013 at 10:47 PM.

?

Quote by jHAM View Post
    The Bauer photos are very nice and if you have sharp eyes there are bits of interesting insignia.
    May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....
    May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....
    RuSHA raute on top and early TK collar insignia on the old campaigner from zoom of earlier posted images. Thanks to all.

Thanks for the addenda.

May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....May  1936 visit of Hess & Himmler to M-Freimann  & Dachau and....I wonder if the owner of this tunic is in any of these images.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast