Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Article about: Found this wonderful colour image yesterday, click on it for a high res version, enjoy!

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    That appears to be General von Blomberg, who shortly later committed suicide.
    I beg to differ on both counts... It's not von Blomberg, and he died of cancer in 1946.

It could be the other protagonist of the infamous Blomberg-Fritsch crisis: Generaloberst Werner von Fritsch, who was KIA in 1939 (in what was very likely a "suicide by enemy"); but I am not 100% certain.

In any case, the SS officer with his face obscured by the Nazi salute is Himmler and the brownshirted man is Adolf Hühnlein, head of the NSKK.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    P
    Many

Apologies Ben, I didn't realize that's what you meant !

And HPL, thanks for that clarification too. I thought all that time it was von B... learned something today.

Interesting read here:

Blomberg

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I beg to differ on both counts... It's not von Blomberg, and he died of cancer in 1946.

It could be the other protagonist of the infamous Blomberg-Fritsch crisis: Generaloberst Werner von Fritsch, who was KIA in 1939 (in what was very likely a "suicide by enemy"); but I am not 100% certain.

In any case, the SS officer with his face obscured by the Nazi salute is Himmler and the brownshirted man is Adolf Hühnlein, head of the NSKK.
    Thanks for clarification, Andreas

So that was the reason for not much chin showing on the person saluting

Meine Ehre heißt TreueI do not think the black SS uniforms have red piping. It must be from the color picture.
    Thanks for the nice image of the SS Unterscharfuehrer from the 6. Sta. The blade of his dagger is already corroded, which says something to the mania for perfectly unused daggers nurtured by prissy collectors.
    This image also allows one to see the Neusilber finish of the cap badges.

Meine Ehre heißt TreueWerner v. Fritsch ca. 1932.

The picture with Huehnlein, Himmler, and the SS men is, I believe, on the 9 November celebration of the 1923 Putsch around 1937 or 1938, and the army general is likely someone associated with the Munich Wehrkreis or the army in Bavaria.
    Andreas is completely right that v. Blomberg hardly committed suicide. Fritsch died in battle in 1939.

Thanks, Ben, for the first picture, I had not seen it at all.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I do not think the black SS uniforms have red piping. It must be from the color picture.
    The image caught my eye because the white of the shirt collars and helmet decals stand out clearly in comparison. An optical illusion maybe...

Something seems off with the first picture posted. The dagger appears in a strange manner, and the film looks to have been double exposed on the right side. I cropped the photograph so it is easier to see. It may be just my phone, though.
    Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The picture with Huehnlein, Himmler, and the SS men is, I believe, on the 9 November celebration of the 1923 Putsch around 1937 or 1938, and the army general is likely someone associated with the Munich Wehrkreis or the army in Bavaria.
    Spot on! I dug around a bit more and came up with the missing information:

The photograph was indeed taken during the 1938 Putsch celebrations and the general officer in question is the Bavarian General der Infanterie (and later Generaloberst) Eugen Ritter von Schobert.

Eugen von Schobert

NAZI JERMAN: Koleksi Ratusan Foto Berwarna Dari LIFE Karya Hugo Jaeger (Fotografer Pribadi Hitler)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast