Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Metal cap skull M1/24

Article about: carlsson - why is so flat ?

?

Default Re: Metal cap skull M1/24

carlsson - why is so flat ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Metal cap skull M1/24
    P
    Many

M1/24 was the license for the Fa. Overhoff.Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24

These "scull" threads add little value to the overall effort.

Thanks to Bob Hritz for his wise counsel.

carlsson - why is so flat ?
    If you mean the skull, It's just optical. I have thsi beauty from Normandy.

F-B the skull on the black cap is not a Overhoff. That one is "Labelled" as a fake from the 50's.
    Best Regards,
    Sid

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    If you mean the skull, It's just optical. I have thsi beauty from Normandy.

F-B the skull on the black cap is not a Overhoff. That one is "Labelled" as a fake from the 50's.
    Best Regards,
    Sid
    I would be interested in Bob Hritz's opinion in this issue, if he cares to respond.
    "labeled" by whom, might I inquire?

I am going to resist a very strong urge to begin posting images of garden gnomes or otherwise describing the inner life of the Deschler & Soehne in sardonic terms, because it is Sunday and I do not want to be impious on Sunday, of course.Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24

Well first of all, If you look very carefully you can see some differences between the two skulls you've posted and you'll finally will come to the same conclusion. The skull on the black cap is a known early fake as do the SS 360 insignia and a lot more of them.
    Iam sure Bob can confirm.

Donnerwetter! I look carefully at the many objects of these I own, and think the "some differences" to which you refer above are more akin to the canals on Mars, or the face of the man in the moon, or the patterns left by tea leaves, actually. Can you spell the word O B S C R U R A N T I S M ? This word comprises the conclusion that I actually come to in this matter, and others of this kind.

As I wrote above, I rely on Bob Hritz for expertise in this material.

Man in the moon or victim of tragic collapse of die machine in Munich after night of drunken revelry among the alte Kaempfer?Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24Metal cap skull M1/24

I would one day appreciate if Bob Hritz might revive his "dead head" tutorial he once proffered on the Gottlieb site donkey's years ago. It was a fine compendium which made excellent sense. No one has matched his accomplishment since.
    I need Superman to lend me his x ray vision for this, but I had such a power, I would not look at these cap badges, would I?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2