Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mint allg-ss e.m. Peaked cap

Article about: I must agree tht this is a very nice original black SS cap(not Allgemeine!!!). When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn(Pete Seeger).

Default Re: Mint allg-ss e.m. Peaked cap

I must agree tht this is a very nice original black SS cap(not Allgemeine!!!). When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn(Pete Seeger).
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint allg-ss e.m. Peaked cap
    P
    Many

Mint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capMint allg-ss e.m. Peaked capTerminology is a serious problem, but many simply do not care or wish to make the effort to learn. Good that we have here a group of persons here interested in the complexities of the past.

?

Quote by vady View Post

hello ade!

d'you suppose that site wd. mind my lifting pix to use here? cheers, david
    Hi David,

I've never come across a dealer who had a problem with their images being used on a discussion forum. I'm sure there are some however. If a dealer puts an item up for sale in the public domain they have to expect their images to be used in other places, either on a forum or collectors saving them to file for personal use.
    Unless they've taken steps to block anyone copying the images there shouldn't be a problem. Obviously it's best to credit whoever it happens to be for their photos and a courteous message to them won't go amiss either.
    Being polite and up front is always the best way to go.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I to have never had any dealings with Oakleaf and i see him in the Max programs all the time showing him in the 2011 one him holding two SA kepi's.If the piece has been on his site awhile and you would like to buy it make him a counter offer as a $8,500 price is open to a lower offer! Its up to you as Bob Coleman and F-B have given their okay you can be 110% sure it's a good black visor!Good Luck.In IMO its a beauty.

I like it very much, I have dealt with Oakleaf previously and those dealings have been commendable, very fair and honest.

Kind regards,

Grant Reimers

?

A very nice cap with its box.

Cheers, Patrick

Please excuse my off-thread comment but ive been curious as to the protocol on this site concerning naming and/or criticising dealers who have fakes passing off as genuine, and particularly those with lots of genuine stock and a few fake items.. (maybe ignorant rather than fraudlent). Most contributers on this site seem hesitant to name and shame. i would appreciate enlightenment as to any unspoken rules. Thanks.

?

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Please excuse my off-thread comment but ive been curious as to the protocol on this site concerning naming and/or criticising dealers who have fakes passing off as genuine, and particularly those with lots of genuine stock and a few fake items.. (maybe ignorant rather than fraudlent). Most contributers on this site seem hesitant to name and shame. i would appreciate enlightenment as to any unspoken rules. Thanks.
    It depends how you do it. Most worthy dealers won't mind being told if they have a dodgy item for sale and will remove it quickly. This is most often an accidental slip. Not everyone is perfect.
    An email to the right person will normally suffice. There is no point in trashing a hard won reputation for the sake of an innocent error. Why would you name and shame in this instance, consider how you would like to be treated if it was your business.

Common crooks are a different matter, they have no morals or ethics about stealing hard earnt money and refuse to change their ways. Unfortunately some collectors don't bother with homework or research prior to spending their cash. Nothing we as a community can do about it. The dealers who operate this way are fair game for naming and shaming in the hope that it might save one person from that expensive mistake.

Everyone has their own idea of a good or bad dealer, no-one here has the right to dictate that to anyone. For every fake item that someone might shout about, there will be a plethora of other satisfied buyers so no satisfatory result will be made by a 'naming and shaming' row.

Take each case on merit.

I could name several dealers who are crooks, the same as ebay sellers and on the whole, you'll find these people are brought out into the open on this forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2