Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Misc. SS Rare or Ripoff

Article about: These items have been offered to me at what seems a reasonable price. Have no idea- The party pin looks fake. The paperwork would be nice to own. The stamps Ive read are reproduced. Here is

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 782134Attachment 782135To save your mind, here are some images of a friend's recent acquisitions: a Ledermantel and a Wehrpass for an SS man.
    Thanks for posting those pictures.

My question (sorry for my ignorance) : is there a way to determine if a Ledermantel is SS or Wehrmacht ? I am a bit confused on that...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Misc. SS Rare or Ripoff
    P
    Many

Misc. SS Rare or Ripoff
    Quote by Blaise View Post
    Thanks for posting those pictures.

My question (sorry for my ignorance) : is there a way to determine if a Ledermantel is SS or Wehrmacht ? I am a bit confused on that...
    Only via the shoulder boards, and maybe the buttons, and possibly the cut of the belt in the rear, of course. Until a certain date, RZM/SS buttons were or were not used. The leather coat is also in the 1940 Kleiderkasse SS list. See # 542

The Ledermantel shown is likely an army one, but it would also go with my friend's Waffen SS Montur.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would agree, some real but a lot of junk.

When I see junk it even puts me off the real items...Pass on it all.

FB: Your friend has done well! I like the M44 Feldbluse.

Cheers, Ade.

I am with Adrian. Junk is infectious. That is, real things in the company of junk are somehow diminished, especially in images on these sites.

We all get very damaged from the sight of so much junk. We get more damaged from the psychological drain of having politely to explain why something is junk.

My chum did well. He has a knack for these things.

Your Chum has a good eye and taste for armed forces tunics FB love the Luft NCO of flight or Para, the M-44 is a textbook beauty also thanks for showing them. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Your Chum has a good eye and taste for armed forces tunics FB love the Luft NCO of flight or Para, the M-44 is a textbook beauty also thanks for showing them. timothy
    Thanks, he does indeed. The Lw tunic is for a Stuka pilot or crew memeber, it seems.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-30-2014 at 07:57 PM.

The Reich Chancellery soup bowl is genuine, I'd have that in a shot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2