MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934

Article about: by Patrick Lewis I found this Image~ Designed in 1945 by Alexander Dolezalek. This is the well-known "SS-Hauptamt map" illustrating the collar patches and nationality insignes for

Default Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934

Attached are interesting excerpts of the 23 June 1934 Mitteilungsblatt in which significant changes unfolded to SS uniform. Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934

For instance, here is ordered that SS units can no longer contract directly with local vendors.

- - Updated - -

Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934The alu wire insignia for the SS Pol Bereitschaften, soon to be called the SSVT are enumerated.

- - Updated - -

The character of insignia is further enumerated. Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934

That is really interesting. I remember reading something about how Himmler ordered all members of the SS to trade in their black uniforms as a result of wartime shortages. All members began wearing the grey uniforms after 1942.

Regards, Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    That is really interesting. I remember reading something about how Himmler ordered all members of the SS to trade in their black uniforms as a result of wartime shortages. All members began wearing the grey uniforms after 1942.

Regards, Corey
    Thanks. Himmler apparently ordered the SS VT people to turn in their black uniforms, which, if my collection is any measure, was an order only partially filled. The black uniform remained in use in the Allgem. SS until the bitter end. We have threads on this issue.

- - Updated - -

Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Here is an example of the contracting with local vendors in a peaked cap.

Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Designation of mounted units in the Allgem. SS and an enclosure of note.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attached are interesting excerpts of the 23 June 1934 Mitteilungsblatt in which significant changes unfolded to SS uniform ... For instance, here is ordered that SS units can no longer contract directly with local vendors ... The alu wire insignia for the SS Pol Bereitschaften, soon to be called the SSVT are enumerated.
    The character of insignia is further enumerated.
    This evolution of the SS from uniformed party thugees to political flying squad to armed paramilitary to conventional armored divisions is endlessly fascinating. IE: Politsche Bereitschaft München evolves into SSVT Regiment Deutschland. And in its final form is absorbed into 2 SS Panzer Division Das Reich.

I need to better understand the SS Gruppen -- Sud, Mitte, Sudwest. Much of the early organizational effort seemed to go into establishing a chain of command, and having the lines of command followed. To me the "camel nose under the tent" that enabled the SSVT to develop as credible armed formations was the exemption of its members from the draft.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    This evolution of the SS from uniformed party thugees to political flying squad to armed paramilitary to conventional armored divisions is endlessly fascinating.
    It makes one wonder. If the Germans had won the war, what would the SS have evolved into next?

Regards

Quote by Tricot View Post
    This evolution of the SS from uniformed party thugees to political flying squad to armed paramilitary to conventional armored divisions is endlessly fascinating. IE: Politsche Bereitschaft München evolves into SSVT Regiment Deutschland. And in its final form is absorbed into 2 SS Panzer Division Das Reich.

I need to better understand the SS Gruppen -- Sud, Mitte, Sudwest. Much of the early organizational effort seemed to go into establishing a chain of command, and having the lines of command followed. To me the "camel nose under the tent" that enabled the SSVT to develop as credible armed formations was the exemption of its members from the draft.
    The SS Gruppen were a territorial organization more or less on the SA model, which were later replaced by the Oberabschnitte, which were more or less the Wehrkreise. The reorganization of the SS in the years 1932 through 1939 is well covered in Koehl and Wegner, as well as other works.

The evolution of the SS uniform in the year 1934 is especially evident in the Mitteilungsblaetter d RZM, as well as the SS Befehlsblaetter.

- - Updated - -

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It makes one wonder. If the Germans had won the war, what would the SS have evolved into next?

Regards
    Read Himmler's speeches for his conception of the future. The Germany-won-the-war speculation is enshrined in a wide literature, some of it science fiction and some of it more grounded in facts. However, the SS destroyed itself in the process of political violence in which it arose, so the question is moot.

?

Interesting topic, thanks for posting.

Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934Mitteilungsblatt der RZM June 1934

An example of the organizational change in the Allgem. SS in simply one Oberabschnitt in more or less five years.

?

Thank you. Amazing to see these tables. I see an organization coming to grips with its own existence, with its own function.

I am familiar with the Stammabteilung, but was the 8/15 Allgemeine SS member paid? Or was it a weekend warrior thing?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast