Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More info on this collar tab please

Article about: Apparently these are LSSAH signalmen, early-mid 1930s with a "lightening flash" on their collar tab, resembling a third sig rune. I have never seen these before, does anyone have a

There's a rather large and bitter thread on the WAF concerning fake SS lids and validity of COAs. ..but that's another story

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More info on this collar tab please
    P
    Many

The truth about the " champagne " decals was in fact told in a thread at yet another forum ; " German Helmets Walhalla " .

>> Error - German Helmet Walhalla

To those who are not aware of this major fraud yet , the sarcasm of my former remark about COA's may not be quite clear .

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    There's a rather large and bitter thread on the WAF concerning fake SS lids and validity of COAs. ..but that's another story
    got a link Glenn? Doug pretty much put these decals to rest with his GHW thread but would love to read the WAF post.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

More info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseRetouching of photos was common the 1920s and 1930s. I note this recent debacle with helmets, but I ask what it has to do with the Nachrichtensturmbann der SSVT?
    Is something doubting that this entity existed or that it had these insignia?
    The unit has been described in original and secondary sources prior to 1945 and in detail since.

You will see from my SS BW Dachau list that the SSVT collar patches were still on offer in 1942, even though they were no longer worn....

Quote by MAP View Post
    got a link Glenn? Doug pretty much put these decals to rest with his GHW thread but would love to read the WAF post.
    Careful what you wish for, the link requested leads to a thread of around 450 posts that start off interestingly enough with discussion on the painted decals but descends rapidly into a fiasco of sly innuendo and cheap shots at a dealer thought (or imagined) to be involved with pushing these fakes. The dealer fan boys take offence and the screeching and feces throwing starts. It is quite a boring thread all in all and as FB points out, nothing to do with this thread topic at all.

SS Decal Paranoia - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Careful what you wish for, the link requested leads to a thread of around 450 posts that start off interestingly enough with discussion on the painted decals but descends rapidly into a fiasco of sly innuendo and cheap shots at a dealer thought (or imagined) to be involved with pushing these fakes. The dealer fan boys take offence and the screeching and feces throwing starts.
    Business as usual at the WAF then.

The issue of the decals and its collateral damage should be addressed in the rubric devoted to this topic.

Nor do we need to poison what is otherwise a healthy space with the paranoia and resentment that are the norm virtually every else.

I recently had to deal with a person here who has become suffused with resentment, jealousy, cultural pessimism, and Malthusian nightmares that distinguish the other site, in addition to all the other problems I have
    in actual life, and I ask you to respect the good sanitation of this site and sequester it somewhere else.

Let me state here that I think the owner and or owners of the other site should be held legally accountable for their modus procendi.

More info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseMore info on this collar tab pleaseThe issue with the decals should be remanded to some neutral, and wholly expert, professional agency and be adjudicated there without the play ground high jinx
    that operates in the depths of the collector biotope. The pray to what you have burnt, and burn what you have prayed to syndrome is a further mark of our
    unhappy time, which shows every characteristic of the pre World War I or pre World War II, or pre Thirty Years War epoch....

The decalcomania mania also suggests why I collect black caps and black tunics, as they are much, much harder to fake well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDUbxsNjV0

not without relevance

"....German artist Max Ernst also practiced decalcomania, as did Hans Bellmer and Remedios Varo. Wikipedia
    Explore: Max Ernst
    The surrealist Oscar Domínguez (referring to his work as ``decalcomania with no preconceived object'') took up the technique in 1936, using gouache spread thinly on a sheet of paper or other surface . . ., which is then pressed onto another surface such as a canvas. Wikipedia
    Explore: Surrealism, Óscar Domínguez..."

Surrealism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2